3 Steps Ahead
|Birth name||Peter-Paul Pigmans|
|Born||31 January 1961|
|Died||27 August 2003 (aged 42)|
|Years active||1994 - 2003|
Peter-Paul Pigmans (31 January 1961 – 27 August 2003) was a Dutch gabber music producer, best known for his production under the pseudonym 3 Steps Ahead.
Born in Berkel en Rodenrijs and based out of Rotterdam, Pigmans' music is widely considered one of the most innovative specimens of the gabber genre; while many gabber producers favor raw force and little virtuosity when creating a song, Pigmans' music always had a strong technical side, and his songs often featured atmospherical elements, an unusual thing in the genre at the time. He was also known for his extremely wild live shows.
His first full-length album Most Wanted & Mad (1997) reached #35 on the Dutch album top 100.
Pigmans was diagnosed with brain cancer in 1999. On 18 July 2003 in Zaandam at the Hemkade stadium, fellow Dutch producers organized a fundraising event for him called "3 Steps Ahead 4 Life" where the cream of the Dutch gabber scene performed (for free - all income was spent on his treatment in hope of curing him) and paid respect to him. A couple of weeks later, he died. Two months later the annual Thunderdome started with a one-minute silence in his memory.
- Most Wanted & Mad (1997)
- Junkie (2000)
- Step 1 (1994)
- Step 2 (1994)
- Step 3 (1994)
- Drop It (1996)
- Hakkûh (1996)
- Gangster (1996)
- It's Delicious (1997)
- Paint It Black (1998)
- In the Name of Love (2010)
- "Scanned Poster". Party Flock Netherlands.
- "3 Steps Ahead - Most Wanted & Mad". dutchcharts.nl. Retrieved 25 April 2022.
- partyflock agenda: 3 Steps Ahead For Life · 18 juli 2003
- 3 Steps Ahead Hall of Fame entry Archived 2011-07-17 at the Wayback Machine on Thunderdome.com
- Brüno (2009) soundtrack listing at the Internet Movie Database