Peter A. Hammen
Peter A. Hammen
|Member of the Maryland House of Delegates|
from the 46th district
January 11, 1995 – December 2016
|Preceded by||Anthony M. DiPietro Jr.|
|Succeeded by||Robbyn Lewis|
|Born||July 1, 1966|
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
Peter A. Hammen (born July 1, 1966) is an American politician who represented the 46th legislative district in the Maryland House of Delegates. Delegate Hammen was also the Chairman of the House Health and Government Operations Committee.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)
In the legislature
Delegate Hammen was a member of House of Delegates from January 11, 1995 to December 2016. He initially served on the House Environmental Matters Committee and then moved to the House Health and Government Operations Committee in 2003. He served as that committee's chairman from 2005 to 2016. He was the House Co-Chair of the Joint Legislative Task Force on Small-Group Market Health Insurance. Hammen resigned his seat in December 2016 to take a job in the administration of Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh.
- Co-sponsored HB 860 (Baltimore City Public Schools Construction and Revitalization Act of 2013). Signed by the Governor on May 16, 2013, the new law approved 1.1 billion dollars to construct new schools in Baltimore City.
- voted for HB6, requiring custodial interrogations in capital cases be recorded(2008) 
- voted for Higher Education-Tuition Charges-Maryland High School Students(2007) (HB6)
- co-sponsored House Bill 30 in 2007-Maryland Education Fund - Establishment and Funding 
- voted for the Tax Reform Act of 2007(HB2)
- voted in favor of prohibiting ground rents in 2007(SB106)
- voted for the Clean Indoor Air Act of 2007 (HB359) 
- voted for Healthy Air Act in 2006 (SB154) 
- voted against slots in 2005 (HB1361)
- voted for income tax reduction in 1998 (SB750)
General election results, 2006
- 2006 Race for Maryland House of Delegates – 46th District
- Voters to choose three:
Name Votes Percent Outcome Peter A. Hammen, Dem. 15,883 29.6% Won Carolyn J. Krysiak, Dem. 15,856 29.6% Won Brian K. McHale, Dem. 13,921 29.0% Won Peter Kimos, Rep. 6,219 11.6% Lost Other Write-Ins 154 0.3%
- 2010 Most Influential Maryland Legislators (Top 20)
- "Robbyn Lewis Selected by 46th District Delegation". BaltimoreCityDems. Baltimore City Democratic State Central Committee. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "House Bill 860". Maryland Legislative Services. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "HB6". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- "House Bill 6". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-06-30.
- "House Bill 30". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-06-30.
- "House Bill 359". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-07-11.
- "Senate Bill 154". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-06-30.
- "House Bill 1361". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-06-29.
- "Senate Bill 750". Maryland Department of Legislative Services. Retrieved 2007-07-11.
- "House of Delegates Results". Maryland State Board of Elections. Retrieved 2007-06-27.
- Poll (2 April 2010). "Where Does Your Legislator Rank? See the list". Maryland Gazette of Politics and Business. Archived from the original on 18 October 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2010.