Peter Ashworth is an English photographer. Ashworth initially specialized in music photography, between 1979 and 2000. In the 1980s, he worked with many UK artists including Eurythmics, Soft Cell,, Jimmy Page and The Associates.
He now works predominantly in fashion and style/culture photography, working with fashion designers such as Stephen Jones, Basso & Brooke and Atsuko Kudo. He is known in part for his photography of fetish subjects, for creating sets and shooting on location using lighting techniques that explore the textures and cut of his subjects.
Selected album, EP and single cover photography
- Sutherland, Bryony; Lucy Ellis (2002). Annie Lennox: The Biography. Omnibus Press. p. 121. ISBN 978-0-7119-9192-7.
- Almond, Marc (2000). Tainted Life (Illustrated, revised ed.). Pan Books. ISBN 9780330372015.
- Page, Jimmy (2014). Jimmy Page (Illustrated ed.). Genesis Publications. ISBN 9781905662326.
- Larkin, Colin (1995). The Guinness encyclopedia of popular music. 3 (2nd revised ed.). Guinness Publishing. p. 2190. ISBN 354063293X.
- Davies, Hywel (2009). British Fashion Designers (Illustrated ed.). Berlin: Laurence King Publishing. p. 208. ISBN 9781856696333.
- Steele, Valerie (2013). A Queer History of Fashion: From the Closet to the Catwalk (Illustrated ed.). Yale University Press. ISBN 9780300196702.
- Steele, Valerie (1997). Fetish: fashion, sex and power (Illustrated ed.). Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780195115796.
|This article about a British photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|