|Born||1962 (age 57–58)|
Belfast, Northern Ireland
|Education||Royal Belfast Academical Institution|
Peter Barron was born in Belfast and educated at the Royal Belfast Academical Institution. He spent most of his career at the BBC, and immediately prior to his Google appointment in 2008 had for four years been editor of the BBC programme Newsnight.
- Mid-1980s, Luxembourg News Digest
- 1987 Editor and journalist, Algarve News and Algarve Magazine
- 1988 BBC News trainee
- 1990 Producer, BBC Newsnight
- 1997 Deputy editor, Channel 4 News, ITN
- 2002 Deputy editor, Tonight with Trevor McDonald
- 2003 Editor, BBC current affairs
- 2004 Editor, Newsnight
- 2006-07 Advisory chair, Edinburgh International TV Festival
- 2008 Head of comms and public affairs, Google UK, Benelux and Ireland
- "Peter Barron: My life in media". The Independent. 20 August 2007. Retrieved 21 April 2013.
- Mark Sweney and Leigh Holmwood "Newsnight editor Peter Barron to join Google in communications role", The Guardian website, 28 July 2008.
- "BBC - Press Office - Peter Barron". Archived from the original on March 26, 2005.
- "PR Week profile".
| Editor: Newsnight
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Barron.|
|This biographical article related to BBC Television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|