Peter Baynham (born 28 June 1963) is a Welsh screenwriter and performer. He often collaborates with Armando Iannucci, Chris Morris, Steve Coogan, Sacha Baron Cohen and has worked with Stewart Lee and Richard Herring. He has written for TV comedy series including The Day Today, I'm Alan Partridge, Brass Eye and Jam. In 2006 Baynham co-wrote the movie Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan together with Sacha Baron Cohen, Anthony Hines and Dan Mazer, for which they received a 2007 Oscar nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay. He also co-wrote the movie's 2020 sequel, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, which was nominated for a 2021 Oscar in the same category as its predecessor. He has also co-written Brüno, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa and the animated features Arthur Christmas, Hotel Transylvania and 2021's Ron's Gone Wrong. Baynham cohosts the podcast Brain Cigar with long-time writing partner Jeremy Simmonds.
Baynham was first heard on Chris Morris's early radio DJ slots, often appearing in and writing for The Chris Morris Music Show, and wrote with Morris on the radio series Blue Jam. Other works include the "comic book in radio format" series The Harpoon and the animated sitcom I Am Not an Animal. He has appeared on the stand-up circuit as Mr Buckstead, the psychotic maths teacher and poet, played Terry the "Too Gorgeous" man in a series of mid-1990s Pot Noodle adverts (a campaign he co-wrote with Iannucci) and the role of "Peter from Balham" in the TV series Fist of Fun with Lee and Herring.
- Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2005)
- Brüno (2009)
- Arthur (2011)
- Arthur Christmas (2011)
- Hotel Transylvania (2012)
- Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa (2013)
- Grimsby (2016)
- Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (2020)
- Ron's Gone Wrong (2021)
- The Day Today (1994)
- Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge (1994–95)
- The Friday/Saturday Night Armistice (1995–1999)
- Brass Eye (1997-2001)
- I'm Alan Partridge (1997–2002)
- Bob and Margaret (1998–2001)
- Big Train (1998–2002)
- Jam (2000)
- I am Not an Animal (2004)
- Monkey Dust (2003–2005)
He is also performer for The Day Today, Knowing Me..., Armistice (as himself), and I'm Alan Partridge. Other performing credits include This Morning with Richard Not Judy (as himself) and Look Around You.
He is also writer for The Harpoon and In the Red (1995-1999).
- IMDB – Peter Baynham
- BBC Comedy
- Julian Dutton, Huffington Post
- Gerard Gilbert, "Peter Baynham – The Man's an Animal", The Independent, 26 May 2004
- BBC Comedy
- Nathan Bevan, "Welsh writer Peter Baynham tells how Alan Partridge made it to the screen", Wales Online, 10 August 2013
- The List – Fist of Fun
- BBC – Comedy – People A-Z – Peter Baynham
- Ritman, Alex (12 October 2017). "Fox, Locksmith Animation Unveil 'Ron's Gone Wrong'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- N'Duka, Amanda (12 October 2017). "20th Century Fox & Locksmith Animation Slate 'Ron's Gone Wrong' As First Project". Deadline. Retrieved 17 February 2018.