Peter Best (born 18 October 1943 in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia) is an Australian film composer who has contributed to such films as The Adventures of Barry McKenzie (1972), Barry McKenzie Holds His Own (1974), The Picture Show Man (1977), We of the Never Never (1982), Goodbye Paradise (1983), Bliss (1985), Crocodile Dundee (1986), Crocodile Dundee II (1988), Muriel's Wedding (1994) and Doing Time for Patsy Cline (1997). His career started in 1970.
Many of his scores have been released on compact disc, including Crocodile Dundee on Varèse Sarabande, Dad and Dave: On Our Selection, and We of the Never Never on 1M1 Records.
- Australian Film Institute Award for Best Original Music Score
- 1977 – The Picture Show Man
- 1985 – Rebel with Ray Cook, Chris Neal, Billy Byers, Bruce Rowland
- 1995 – Dad and Dave: On Our Selection
- 1997 – Doing Time for Patsy Cline