Peter Bol (runner)
Peter Bol in 2017
|Birth name||Nagmeldin Bol|
|Born||22 February 1994|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|University team||Curtin University|
|Club||St Kevins Athletics Club|
|Coached by||Justin Rinaldi|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||1:44.56 800m|
Bol was born on 22 February 1994 in Khartoum, Sudan. His family fled the civil war in Sudan when he was four. They lived in an Egyptian refugee camp for four years before immigrating to Australia. At the age of eight, he arrived in Toowoomba, Queensland. He grew up in Perth and attended St Norbert College. In 2017, he completed a construction degree at Curtin University.
In 2013, Bol stormed to victory in the junior men's 800 m at the Australian Athletics Championships in a personal best time of 1:48.90. In December 2015, he moved from Perth to Melbourne to train with coach Justin Rinaldi, who also coached joint national record holder Alexander Rowe. In 2016, he ran two Olympic qualifying times (1:45.78 and 1:45.41) and was selected on the Australian team for the 2016 Rio Olympics. At the Olympics, he finished sixth in his heat in 1:49.36 At the 2017 IAAF World Championships, he finished seventh in his heat in 1:49.65.
- Bol, Peter (1 March 2015). "The Power of Consistency". Runners Tribe Journal. Runners Tribe. Retrieved 6 November 2019.
- "Peter Bol". Rio 2016. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- Butler, Steve (5 December 2015). "Bol on the fast track to Olympic dream". West Australian.
- Gleeson, Michael (12 August 2016). "Rio Olympics 2016: Peter Bol, the man who ran from Sudan to Australia". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Peter Bol". Athletics Australia Profiles. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Nagmeldin 'Peter' Bol". Athletics Australia Historical Results. Retrieved 21 July 2018.