|Occupation||Investor and trader|
Peter Borish is an investor and trader. He is chief strategist of Quad Group and its affiliated companies. In his role Borish is engaged in recruiting new talent for Quad and working with the founding partners on business strategy. In addition, he helps traders develop a methodology to enhance their performance by serving as a trading coach. Borish is Chairman and CEO of Computer Trading Corporation (CTC), and a current investor and advisor to ValueStream Ventures. He was also a founding investor in Charitybuzz.
Borish formerly worked at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, was founding partner and second-in-command at Tudor Investment Corporation, was Chairman of OneChicago, LLC, was Chairman of the Foundation for the Study of Cycles, and was CEO of Touradji Capital Management.
Borish earned a B.A. in Economics from the University of Michigan in 1981. He also earned an M.A. in Public Policy from the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy at the University of Michigan in 1982.
Borish worked at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York from 1982–85, monitoring foreign exchanges and futures and options. He was then founding partner and second-in-command at Tudor Investment Corporation, which he joined in 1985 and left in December 1994.[excessive citations] Paul Tudor Jones, the trader and founder of Tudor Investment Corporation for whom Borish was the right-hand man, says he anticipated the crash in 1987 because Borish had mapped the 1987 market against the market preceding the 1929 crash, and noted the similarity between the two markets.
Subsequently, from October 2004 and until 2006, Borish was Chairman of OneChicago, LLC, an all-electronic exchange, and CEO of Twinfields Capital Management, a global macro hedge fund focused on fixed income.[excessive citations] He is also former Chairman of the Foundation for the Study of Cycles.
Borish is the founder (in 1995), Chairman, and CEO of Computer Trading Corporation (CTC), a macro-economic global hedge fund in New York that focuses on macroeconomic investing and multi-strategy management of assets in the derivative markets, and an investor/advisor to the board of directors of Quadriserv, a technology-driven securities lending platform that focuses on price transparency and process efficiency. In 2012, he was CEO of the hedge fund Touradji Capital Management.
Borish has, since 1991, served as Trustee of the Institute for Financial Markets, a not-for-profit, educational institute that seeks to foster the development of standards and best practices initiatives in the financial services industry. He was Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Institute from March 1992 to March 1998, and again from March 2004 to March 2014.
Borish is a founding board member of the Robin Hood Foundation, a charitable organization that attempts to alleviate problems caused by poverty in New York City. He is also a founding board member of Math for America, a nonprofit organization that seeks to improve mathematics education in United States public schools.
He is also a mayoral appointee to the New York City Department of Youth & Community Development 
- Terry Burnham (2008). Mean Markets and Lizard Brains: How to Profit from the New Science of Irrationality. John Wiley & Sons. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Thomas R. DeMark (1997). New Market Timing Techniques: Innovative Studies in Market Rhythm & Price Exhaustion. John Wiley & Sons. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Thomas R. DeMark (1994). The New Science of Technical Analysis. John Wiley & Sons. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- "Peter Borish". Math for America. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Economics Leadership Council (ELC) | Economics | University of Michigan". Lsa.umich.edu. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Michigan Ensian. UM Libraries. 1981. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Committee for the Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy", Gerald Ford School of Public Policy
- Kennedy Mitchell (2003). Single Stock Futures: An Investor's Guide. John Wiley & Sons. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Sebastian Mallaby (2010). More Money Than God: Hedge Funds and the Making of a New Elite. Penguin. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Kishan, Saijel (July 10, 2012). "Touradji's Chief Executive Peter Borish Leaves Hedge Fund". Bloomberg. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Covel, Michael W. (March 25, 2009). "Follow the Trend | Trend Following: Learn to Make Millions in Up or Down Markets". FT Press. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Jack D. Schwager (2012). Market Wizards: Interviews With Top Traders. John Wiley & Sons. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- "Paul Tudor Jones | Day Trading on NYSE". Nyse-trade.com. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Ginger Szala (March 1998). "Peter Borish: Big League Batter; Peter Borish Left Tudor Investment to Set Up His Own CTA". Streetstories.com. p. 78. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Roose, Kevin (August 29, 2012). "Tudor's Dynasty: A Time Capsule of Wall Street's Lost Trader Culture". New York Magazine. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Samuel A. Schreiner (2013). The World According to Cycles: How Recurring Forces Can Predict the Future and Change Your Life. Skyhorse Publishing, Inc. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- "ONECHICAGO announces Peter Borish as Chairman", ONECHICAGO, October 7, 2004
- Michael W. Covel (2012). Trading the Trend (Collection). FT Press. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- "Peter Borish: Executive Profile & Biography". Business Week. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- McFarlin, Michael J. (January 23, 2012). "Lukken takes up FIA leadership". Futures Magazine. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- "CEO Leaves Hedge Fund Touradji Capital". Pensions & Investments/Bloomberg. July 10, 2012. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- "Financial Executives Peter Borish and John H. Eley Join Quadriserv, Inc. Board of Directors". Globenewswire.com. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Peter F. Borish; Paul D. Knudsvig; Edward L. Rombach (1986). Introduction to Drift Theory. FINEX. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Burns, Alex (January 6, 2013). "Peter Borish". Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Jeff Pierce (December 22, 2010). "The Wisdom of Paul Tudor Jones". Business Insider. Archived from the original on July 1, 2013. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Michael W. Covel (2011). Trend Commandments: Trading for Exceptional Returns. Pearson Education. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- "Directors and Officers", The Institute for Financial Markets, March 11, 2009
- "Youth Board Member – Peter Borish" Archived January 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., DYCD – Youth Board Members
- "Board of Directors – Peter Borish" Robin Hood
- Tom Brokaw (2012). The Time of Our Lives: A Conversation about America – Who We Are, Where We've Been, and Where We Need to Go Now, to Recapture the American Dream. Random House LLC. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "About – Peter Borish", Math For America
- "Peter Borish Interview with Michael Covel" (audio), Trend Following with Michael Covel, September 24, 2013