Peter Brash (born July 16, 1954) is an American television soap opera writer, screen writer, and musical theatre librettist. His career in soap opera spanned more than 25 years, and included many of the major network serials.
Peter Brash was born in Boston, MA, and graduated in 1976 from Boston College. He appeared in the 1983 film "Without a Trace" with Judd Hirsch. He began his soap opera writing career as a script writer on the NBC daytime drama "The Doctors" (1982) and then went on to write scripts for "Ryan's Hope" (1983-1985) and others, and served as co-head writer on "Days of Our Lives" (2002-2003). His work has been recognized with an Emmy Award and two Writers Guild Awards.
He co-wrote the screenplay for "We Are the Hartmans" with director Laura Newman. The movie, starring Richard Chamberlain and Ben Curtis, had its world premiere at the 2011 Atlanta Film Festival.
In 2011, he co-created the musical comedy, "The Nutcracker and I", with music by Tchaikovsky, lyrics by Gerard Alessandrini, and book by Brash. The musical had its world premier performance on December 2, 2011 at the George Street Playhouse in New Brunswick, New Jersey, directed by the theatre's artistic director, David Saint.
- Script Writer: 1985, 1993 - 1995
- Associate Head Writer: 1985 - 1987, 1996 - 1998
- Script Writer: August 9, 2007 - October 4, 2007; April 30, 2008 - July 21, 2009
- Associate Head Writer: September 24, 2007 - January 24, 2008; April 18, 2008 - June 27, 2008
- Associate Head Writer: 1999 - March 28, 2002, March 7, 2003 - March 1, 2007
- Co-Head-Writer: March 29, 2002 - March 6, 2003
- Associate Head Writer: 1989 - 1990
- Associate Head Writer: 1984
Awards and nominations
- (1990; Best Writing; Guiding Light)
- (1994 & 1996; Best Writing; Another World)
- (1999; Best Writing; Days of Our Lives)
- (2000 season; Days of Our Lives)
- (2009 season; As the World Turns)
- (1994, 1995, 1996 & 1998 seasons; Another World)
- (2002 season; Days of Our Lives)
- (2010 season; As the World Turns)
- The Nutcracker and I". George Street Playhouse, accessed August 1, 2011
|Head Writer of Days of Our Lives (with Paula Cwikly)
March 29, 2002 - March 6, 2003
|This article about a television writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|