|Residence||Pittsburgh, PA, United States|
|Alma mater||Moscow State University (1983)|
|Fields||Information Science, Computer Science|
|Institutions||University of Pittsburgh,|
Carnegie Mellon University,
University of Trier,
University of Sussex
|Doctoral advisor||Lev Korolyov|
Peter Brusilovsky is a professor of Information science and Intelligent Systems (Artificial intelligence) at the University of Pittsburgh. He is known as one of the pioneers of Adaptive hypermedia, Adaptive Web, and Web-based Adaptive learning He also published numerous articles in user modeling, personalization, educational technology, intelligent tutoring systems, and information access. Brusilovsky is ranked as #1 in the world in the area of Computer Education and #21 in the world in the area of World Wide Web by Microsoft Academic Search. According to Google Scholar, he has over 25,000 citations and h-index of 67. Brusilovsky's group has been awarded best paper awards at Adaptive Hypermedia, User Modeling, Hypertext, IUI, ICALT, and EC-TEL conference series. Among these awards are five prestigious James Chen Best Student paper awards.
Brusilovsky studied applied mathematics and computer science at the Moscow State University. His doctoral advisor was Lev Nikolayevich Korolyov. He received postdoctoral training at University of Sussex, University of Trier, and Carnegie Mellon University under the guidance of Ben du Boulay, Gerhard Weber, and John Anderson. This research was supported by fellowships from Royal Society, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, and James S. McDonnell Foundation. Since 2000 he worked as an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Full Professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Computing and Information (formerly School of Information Sciences). He also served as Founding Associate Editor-in-Chief (2007-2012) and Editor-in-Chief (2013-2018) of IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies. Brusilovsky is a recipient of NSF CAREER Award, SFI ETS Walton Visitor Award, and Fulbright-Nokia Distinguished Chair in Information and Communications Technologies. He also holds a honoris causa degree from Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava.
- Brusilovsky, Peter. "website". Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "Faculty Directory, School of Computing and Information, University of Pittsburgh". Retrieved 2019-02-10.
- "Faculty of Intelligent Systems Program, University of Pittsburgh". Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- Brusilovsky, Peter (1996). "Methods and Techniques of Adaptive Hypermedia". User Modeling and User-Adapted Interaction. 6 (2–3): 87–129. doi:10.1007/bf00143964.
- Peter Brusilovsky; Alfred Kobsa; Wolfgang Nejdl (2007-06-11). The Adaptive Web: Methods and Strategies of Web Personalization. Springer. ISBN 978-3-540-72078-2.
- Brusilovsky, Peter (2003). "Adaptive and Intelligent Web-based Educational Systems". International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education. 13 (2–4): 159–172.
- "Top authors in Computer Education, Microsoft Academic Search". Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "Top authors in World Wide Web, Microsoft Academic Search". Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "Brusilovsky Scholar profile". 2018. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- "Brusilovsky and colleagues win best paper at EC-TEL 2014, SIS News". 2014. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "James Chen Best Student Paper Award Winners, UM.org". 2015. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Brusilovsky receives Fulbright honor, SIS News". 2013. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- "Brusilovsky awarded degree of Doctor honoris causa, SIS News". 2009. Retrieved 2015-02-10.
- Brusilovsky, Peter (1994), "Explanatory visualization in an educational programming environment: Connecting examples with general knowledge", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 202–212, ISBN 9783540586487, retrieved 2019-04-02