Peter Cameron (entomologist)
An artist Cameron worked in the dye industry and in calico printing. He described many new species; his collection, including type material, is now in the Natural History Museum. He suffered from poor health and lack of employment. Latterly, he lived in New Mills and was supported by scholarships from the Royal Society.
- A Monograph of the British Phytophagous Hymenoptera Ray Society (1882–1893)
- Hymenoptera volumes of the Biologia Centrali-Americana, volumes 1-2 (1883–1900) and (1888–1900)
See External Links for complete list.
- BR Subba Rao (1998). History of Entomology in India. p. 28.
- Publications of Peter Cameron
- Manuscript collection
- BHL Hymenoptera Orientalis: or contributions to a knowledge of the Hymenoptera of the Oriental zoological region. Manchester :Literary and Philosophical Society,1889-1903.
- Digital Version of Biologia Centrali-Americana
|This article about a British entomologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|