This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||September 8, 1972|
South Shields, Tyne and Wear, England
|Genres||Orchestral, electronic, electro-acoustic|
|Occupation(s)||Music composer, sound designer|
|Instruments||Keyboard, piano, guitar, cello|
|Associated acts||Universal Sound Design|
Peter Connelly (born September 8, 1972) is a video game composer and sound designer known for his work on the action-adventure Tomb Raider series. He has been part of several video game releases working mainly with Core Design, Eutechnyx and Ubisoft.
In September 1998, Connelly joined Derby-based studio Core Design, a subsidiary of UK video game publisher Eidos Interactive. As part of Core Design, Connelly worked in sound design on Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft and later as a leading composer for Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation and Tomb Raider: Chronicles. Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, which Connelly co-wrote with Martin Iveson, featured the London Symphony Orchestra.
Connelly has scored other commercial games at Core Design such as Herdy Gerdy, Smart Bomb, and Free Running. At Ubisoft Reflections, developers of the Driver series, Connelly worked as senior sound designer on Driver: San Francisco. After completion of Driver, Connelly was contracted as Audio Lead and Composer on both Watch Dogs and The Crew. Connelly is currently a contractor with Slightly Mad Studios, working as Senior Sound Designer. Connelly also runs Peter Connelly Limited, a sound production studio.
According to Tomb Raider Chronicles, Connelly has cited John Williams and Danny Elfman as “exceptional” soundtrack composers who have influenced his own work. Another influence is Burt Bacharach.
Music and sound design
- The Crew (2014) (with Joseph Trapanese)
- Watch Dogs (2014)
- Horrid Henry (2009)
- Speed Zone/Wheelspin' (2009)
- Garden Party (2008)
- Smartbomb (2005)
- Podz (2004)
- Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness(2003) (with Martin Iveson)
- Herdy Gerdy (2002) (with Martin Iveson)
- Tomb Raider: Chronicles (2000)
- Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (1999)
- Flesh Feast (1998)
- Mass Destruction (1997)
- Risk II (1996)
- Battleship (1996)
Audio director and sound design
- Hot Wheels: Beat That! (2008)
- Pimp My Ride (2008)
- Cartoon Network Racing (2007)
- Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift (2006)
- Hummer Badlands (2005)
Additional sound design
- "Peter Connelly's profile on Game OST". game-ost.com. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Peter Connelly Interview". Game Music Online. Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- "LSO to Score Angel of Darkness Music". tombraiderchronicles.com. 2002-07-23. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "#AOD15 Special: An Interview with Peter Connelly". Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- "Peter Connelly Ltd". misterwhat.co.uk. 2009-11-03. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "Peter Connelly profile on Loft Music". Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- "PopStar Guitar Credits10)". squareenixmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
| Tomb Raider composer
Troels Brun Folmann