Peter D. Hart
This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter D. Hart is the chairman of Peter D. Hart Research Associates since 1971, and is a senior counselor to TMG Strategies. Together with Robert Teeter or Bill McInturff, Hart and his company have provided NBC News and The Wall Street Journal with polls since 1989. More than 40 U.S. senators and 30 governors, among them Hubert Humphrey, Lloyd Bentsen, Jay Rockefeller and Bob Graham were represented by Hart.
NGOs and institutions like Smithsonian Institution, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Habitat for Humanity, the ACLU, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Kennedy Center are clients of Peter D. Hart Research Associates, as well as corporations such as Boeing, Time-Warner, American Airlines, Coca-Cola, IBM, Fannie Mae, AT&T, and Tiffany & Co.. The forthcoming book The Kennedy Half-Century will rely on his polling.
Hart received his BA at Colby College in 1964. During the last decade, Hart lectured public policy at Duke University's Sanford Institute of Public Policy, the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, the University of California, Berkeley's Travers Department of Political Science, and at the Harvard Kennedy School.
He resides in Washington, DC with his wife and has two children.
- Senior Staff Bios – Peter Hart, Peter D. Hart Research Associates, accessed on August 19, 2007
- Institute of Governmental Studies, UC Berkeley | IGS National Advisory Council | Peter Hart, UC Berkeley, accessed August 19, 2007
- Press release noting Peter D. Hart's participation in polling for The Kennedy Half-Century
- Peter D. Hart, nndb, accessed on August 19, 2007
- Goldman School of Public Policy – Peter D. Hart, Visiting Professor, Goldman School of Public Policy, accessed on August 19, 2007