Peter Davison (professor)
Peter Hobley Davison (born 1926), OBE, Ph.D., D.Litt., Hon. D. Arts, is research professor of English at De Montfort University, Leicester, and emeritus professor of English at Glyndŵr University. Davison is considered an authority on the life and works of George Orwell. For a number of years until about 2010 he also took charge of the Speaker Programme for the Economic Research Council in London.
Life and career
Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, he taught, and gained his Ph.D. at Sydney University. In 1992, he was president of the Bibliographical Society and edited its journal, The Library, for 12 years. He received the Society's Gold Medal in 2003.
- George Orwell: A Literary Life (Palgrave Macmillan, 1996)
- The Complete Works of George Orwell (Secker & Warburg, 1998) ISBN 0 436 20377 4
- The Lost Orwell (Timewell Press, 2007) ISBN 978-1857252149
- George Orwell: A Life in Letters (Penguin, 2011)
- The Orwell Diaries. Penguin UK At Google Books. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Past presidents" Official website. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Gold Medalists" Official website. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- "The Troubled History Behind George Orwell's Complete Works" Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Orwell's every word" Times Higher Education. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Davison, Professor Peter (22 October 2011). "Farewell & Hail to Orwell site". The Orwell Society Newsletter. 1. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Garden of Notes by Author of 'Animal Farm'" The New York Times. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Diaries, by George Orwell" The Guardian. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Welcome from Peter Davison". 20 August 2008.