Peter Devlin (left)
|Commands held||1st Bn The Royal Canadian Regiment|
2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group
War in Afghanistan
|Awards||Commander of the Order of Military Merit|
Meritorious Service Cross
Canadian Forces Decoration
Lieutenant General Peter John Devlin CMM, MSC, CD was a senior officer in the Canadian Army and is currently President of Fanshawe College. He served as Commander of the Canadian Army from 2010 to 2013.
Educated at the University of Western Ontario, Devlin was commissioned into The Royal Canadian Regiment, having joined the Canadian Forces in 1978. Devlin served in an operational role in Cyprus between 1984 and 1985 and in the Former Yugoslavia in 1992, 1996 and 1998. In 1994, following his experiences in the Former Yugoslavia, Devlin published a report which was critical of the fact that the international community "had no International Peacekeeping Training Centre".
He was appointed Deputy Commanding General of III (US) Corps and Fort Hood, Texas in 2005 and deployed with the Corps to Iraq. He was Deputy Commanding General of the Multi-National Corps – Iraq from 2006 to 2008 – in that capacity he told the Washington Post that the Multi-National Force was giving "greater legitimacy to the effort here in Iraq.". In 2008 he was made Deputy Commander of the Canadian Expeditionary Force Command.
Fanshawe College President
- Senior Officer Biography
- What's New[permanent dead link] April 11, 2010
- Devlin, P.J., An International Peacekeeping Training Centre Canadian Forces College Command & Staff Course New Horizons Paper, 1994
- Canadian General Takes Senior Command Role in Iraq Archived 2010-02-25 at the Wayback Machine. Article by Jon Elmer and Anthony Fenton, January 24, 2008
- Canada to get new army boss Windsor Star, March 31, 2010
- "Canadian Army To Get New Commander". Archived from the original on 2011-10-01. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- "Devlin named Canada's new army chief". CBC News. June 21, 2010.
- Minister of National Defence announces Canadian Armed Forces senior promotions and appointments
- Peter Devlin named new Fanshawe College president London Free Press, 7 August 2013
- "Fanshawe College". Fanshawe College. Retrieved 2017-08-17.
| Chief of the Land Staff
(Retitled Commander of the Canadian Army from 2011)