July 19, 1964 |
Red Bank, New Jersey, U.S.
Peter Dobson (born July 19, 1964 in Red Bank, New Jersey) is an American actor who has starred in the films Sing, The Frighteners, Drowning Mona, The Poseidon Adventure and Last Exit to Brooklyn. He appeared in Forrest Gump as Elvis Presley. He has starred in numerous television shows including Robert Zemeckis's CBS comedy "Johnny Bago" and the critically acclaimed USA network "Cover Me: Based on the True Life of an FBI Family. Since 2015, he has been in talks to make his directorial debut in the film Exit 102: Asbury Park. 
Dobson was born in Red Bank at Riverview Medical Center, where he lived his earliest years. He grew up in Middletown Township and attended Middletown High School South. He later lived in Loch Arbour.
- Elwood (Short film) (2011)
- Protecting the King (2007)
- A Stranger's Heart (2007)
- A-List (2006)
- The Poseidon Adventure (2005)
- Snowbound (2001)
- Double Down
- Cover Me: Based on the True Life of an FBI Family (2000)
- Drowning Mona (2000)
- Riot (1997)
- The Good Life (1997)
- Head over Heels (1997) (TV series)
- The Frighteners (1996)
- Forrest Gump (1994)
- Doppelganger (1993)
- Where the Day Takes You (1992)
- The Marrying Man (1991)
- Sing (1989)
- Plain Clothes (1988)
- Modern Girls (1986)
- The Mourning profile, dreadcentral.com; accessed July 9, 2015.
- MOVING CAMERAS AND LIVING MOVIES
- Exit 102: Asbury Park (film) profile, Aquarian.com, January 15, 2009; accessed July 9, 2015.
- Exit 102: Asbury Park
- Peter Dobson profile, filmreference.com; accessed July 9, 2015.
- Chesek, Tom. "ARCHIVE: A Sneak Preview in Circuit City", Upper Wet Side, April 22, 2011. Accessed September 22, 2015. "Red Bank area native, movie actor and filmmaker Peter Dobson directing his project EXIT 102, which climaxes a daylong REELS & WHEELS event at various venues in Asbury Park.... PETER DOBSON: I was born in Riverview Hospital; lived on West Front Street out by River Plaza.... I went to Lincroft Elementary, Thompson Junior High and Middletown High School South — where I spent two years in tenth grade. I also lived for a while in Loch Arbour, so I have very vivid memories of hanging out in Asbury Park."
- "The wild, untold story of The Good Life". Little White Lies. February 11, 2017. Retrieved February 24, 2017.
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|