This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter during a live performance in Barcelona in March 2009
|Birth name||Peter Wilhard Ingvar Dolving|
24 October 1969|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, keyboards|
|Associated acts||The Haunted, BringTheWarHome, Peter Dolving Band, ColdTears, Mary Beats Jane, Sparzanza, Set My Path, Rosvo|
Peter Dolving (born 24 October 1969) is a Swedish musician, songwriter, visual artist and spoken word poet, now living in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil and is most commonly known as the former frontman of the metal band, the Haunted.
Dolving began as a singer-songwriter playing in cafes in Sweden. He joined the band Mary Beats Jane and organized raves to support himself. He then opened the highly successful rock club called "Underground" in the basement of restaurant Kompaniet, Gothenburg. Mary Beats Jane released their first album in 1994 and toured through 1997. Dolving has said Mary Beats Jane will never re-form.
Dolving then joined Swedish heavy metal band The Haunted in 1997 with former members of At The Gates (at the time they were experimenting with the name Death & 1/2 Prod.), supporting himself by drawing fetish art and working as a carpenter. He left The Haunted after the first album, then returned in 2004 on the album rEVOLVEr. He eventually formed The Peter Dolving Band to perform his own songs and wrote spoken-word material for the short film No Justice No Peace by Jonas Olsen. The Peter Dolving Band no longer exists, with that style of music taken up by his BringTheWarHome project. Recently Dolving incited the wrath of some Metal fans with his unique soul-searching and frequent ranting in the Blog section of his official MySpace page. A candid interview with him appears in the documentary Working Class Rock Star. In 2011 Dolving joined the Swedish hardcore band Rosvo.
On 29 February 2012, Dolving announced on his personal Facebook page that he is officially leaving The Haunted
with Mary Beats Jane
with The Haunted
solo a.k.a. PeterDolvingBand a.k.a. BringTheWarHome
- Just 'cause you can talk, don't mean I have to listen (2000) re-released in (2011)
- One of Us (2001)
- Bad Blood (2003)
- Rejoice! (2008) LP by BringTheWarHome (2005)
- Thieves & Liars (2013) LP by Peter Dolving (Deadlight Entertainment)
- Syntax error (2013) LP by Syntacks
- Eyes Wide Open (2015) EP by Iamfire (Deadlight Entertainment)
- From Ashes (2017) LP by Iamfire (TheNorthIsColdIAmFire)
- Weird Science (unreleased) LP by Science
- Ticks & Ants (2011) EP by Rosvo (Rosvo)
- Spell (2014) Single by Line Blood (Vocal Feature)
- Trash It Up (2003) by the band Set My Path (Contributed vocals on the track Shine)
- Satellite Bay (2007) by Long Distance Calling (Contributed vocals on the track Built Without Hands)
- Warning (2008) EP by ColdTears (Contributed vocals on the track No Ordinary Ghost)
- Banisher of the Light (2008) by the band Sparzanza (Contributed vocals on the track Dead Rising)
- Ratsit AB. "Peter Wilhard Ingvar Dolving Ejdergatan 16 lgh 1201 Göteborg - Ratsit". ratsit.se.
- "Security Check Required - Facebook". facebook.com.
- , Interview with Muchmoremetal.com 21/04/10.
- "Rosvo". Facebook.
- http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171674[permanent dead link]
- Chad Bowar. "Peter Dolving Interview". About.com Entertainment. Archived from the original on 21 August 2014.
- "Metal Israel » Blog Archive Metal Israel Exclusive Interview w/ Peter Dolving of The Haunted - Metal Israel". Metal Israel.