|691st Lord Mayor of London|
9 November 2018 – 8 November 2019
|Preceded by||Charles Bowman|
|Succeeded by||William Russell|
Peter Kenneth Estlin
1961 (age 61–62)
|Spouse(s)||Linda, Lady Estlin (née Waters)|
|Alma mater||University of Bristol|
Sir Peter Kenneth Estlin 691st Lord Mayor of the City of London. He is an alderman of the City of London Corporation where he represents the ward of Coleman Street. Having served as a Sheriff of the City of London for 2016–17, he was elected as the Lord Mayor of London on 1 October 2018 and took office at the Silent Ceremony on 9 November 2018. His mayoral theme was Shaping Tomorrow's City Today, promoting the sheer scale of innovation taking place in the UK, alongside championing digital skills, particularly to create a more inclusive society.(born July 1961) was the
Sir Peter is an independent non-executive director of Rothschild & Co and chair of FutureDotNow. He was educated at King Edward's School, Witley and the University of Bristol. He became chartered accountant and partner with Coopers & Lybrand in 1993. He was chief financial officer for Salomon Brothers Asia, and then for Citi's Investment and Corporate Banking divisions in New York and London. He joined Barclays bank in 2008 and was appointed Acting Group Chief financial officer in August 2013. Estlin has publicly advocated for the Belt and Road Initiative.
Sir Peter was appointed Knight of the Order of Saint John and an honorary bencher of Middle Temple in 2018, and knighted in the 2020 New Year Honours for services to international business, inclusion and skills.
- "Next Lord Mayor of the City of London elected". City of London Corporation. 1 October 2018.
- Sheriff Peter Estlin (Alderman). City of London. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Kortekaas, Vanessa; Schäfer, Daniel (14 August 2013). "Barclays' finance director in early exit". Financial Times. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- Hamilton, Clive; Ohlberg, Mareike (2020). Hidden Hand: Exposing How the Chinese Communist Party Is Reshaping the World. New York: Oneworld Publications. ISBN 978-1-78607-784-4. OCLC 1150166864.
- "Order of St John | the Gazette".
- "No. 62866". The London Gazette (Supplement). 28 December 2019. p. N2.