Facinelli at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con International
November 26, 1973 |
Queens, New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Tisch School of Arts|
|Spouse(s)||Jennie Garth (m. 2001; div. 2013)|
Peter Facinelli (born November 26, 1973) is an American actor and producer. He starred as Donovan "Van" Ray on the Fox series Fastlane from 2002 to 2003. He played Dr. Carlisle Cullen in the film adaptations of the Twilight novel series, and is also known for his role as Mike Dexter in the 1998 film Can't Hardly Wait. Facinelli was a regular on the Showtime comedy-drama series Nurse Jackie, portraying the role of Dr. Fitch "Coop" Cooper.
Facinelli grew up in Ozone Park, Queens, the son of Italian immigrants Bruna (née Reich), a homemaker, and Pierino Facinelli, a waiter. His parents are from the Val di Non valley, which is located in Trentino, Northern Italy. His father is from Revò, while his mother is from Spormaggiore. He was raised Roman Catholic and attended St. Francis Preparatory School in Fresh Meadows, New York.
He studied acting at New York University, as well as at the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School in New York City; his teachers there included William H. Macy, Felicity Huffman, Giancarlo Esposito and Camryn Manheim.
Facinelli made his feature film debut in Rebecca Miller's Angela in 1995 and came to the attention of critics in the TV-movie The Price of Love later that year. In 1996, Facinelli played opposite his then-future wife Jennie Garth in An Unfinished Affair. Other TV roles followed, including a part in After Jimmy (1996) and a college dropout in Calm at Sunset. Facinelli co-starred with Amanda Peet and Michael Vartan in the 1997 AIDS-themed drama Touch Me (1997) and co-starred as a high school student in two 1998 features with Ethan Embry and Breckin Meyer, Dancer, Texas Pop. 81, and Can't Hardly Wait, which starred Jennifer Love Hewitt.
Facinelli appeared in the sci-fi film Supernova starring James Spader in 2000. He made appearances in Riding in Cars with Boys in 2001 and The Scorpion King in 2002, followed by a leading role in the Fox drama Fastlane. Facinelli had a recurring role in the HBO series Six Feet Under in 2004 and a role in the FX original series Damages beginning in 2007. Facinelli starred in Hollow Man 2 with Christian Slater. It was released direct-to-video in May 2006.
in 2006 he was cast in Touch the Top of the World, a true story of Eric Weihenmayer, the first blind person to climb Mount Everest. The film is based on his best selling autobiography.
After wrapping up Finding Amanda with Matthew Broderick, Facinelli played Carlisle Cullen in the film adaptation of Twilight, based on the book by Stephenie Meyer. According to an interview, "I almost didn't read for Twilight. My agent said, 'Do you want to do a vampire movie?' And I was like, 'No.' I was totally thinking blood and guts and bats in caves, like some kind of horror movie. They literally talked me into reading the book and I actually enjoyed the book a lot." Facinelli continued his portrayal in the sequels of the film, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1, and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2. 
He is the founder of the production company Facinelli Films. Their first feature film, Loosies, which was written entirely by Facinelli, was filmed in 2011. He starred in the film, which is a story of a New York pickpocket that being produced by Verdi Corrente Productions. In 2011 he also wrote and produced the Hallmark Channel telefilm Accidentally in Love which starred his then-wife Jennie Garth.
Facinelli met actress Jennie Garth on the set of An Unfinished Affair in 1995. Facinelli and Garth married on January 20, 2001, in a traditional Roman Catholic ceremony. They have three daughters. In March 2012, Facinelli filed for a divorce from Garth, which was finalized in June 2013.
Facinelli began dating actress Jaimie Alexander in 2012 after meeting on the set of Loosies. Facinelli and Alexander became engaged in March 2015. In February 2016, Facinelli and Alexander announced they had called off their engagement.
|1998||Dancer, Texas Pop. 81||Terrell Lee Lusk|
|1998||Can't Hardly Wait||Mike Dexter|
|1998||Telling You||Phil Fazzulo|
|1998||Welcome to Hollywood||Actor|
|1999||Big Kahuna, TheThe Big Kahuna||Bob Walker|
|1999||Blue Ridge Fall||Danny Shepherd|
|2001||Stealing Time||Alec Nichols|
|2001||Riding in Cars with Boys||Tommy Butcher|
|2002||Scorpion King, TheThe Scorpion King||Takmet|
|2005||Chloe||The boyfriend||Short film|
|2006||Touch The Top of the World||Eric Weihenmayer|
|2006||Hollow Man 2||Detective Frank Turner|
|2007||Battle Olympia||Possessed office high jumper||Short film|
|2007||That Guy||Jack||Short film|
|2007||Lily||The man||Short film|
|2008||Twilight||Dr. Carlisle Cullen|
|2009||Twilight Saga: New Moon, TheThe Twilight Saga: New Moon||Dr. Carlisle Cullen|
|2010||Twilight Saga: Eclipse, TheThe Twilight Saga: Eclipse||Dr. Carlisle Cullen|
|2011||Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, TheThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1||Dr. Carlisle Cullen|
|2012||Loosies||Bobby Corelli||Also producer and writer|
|2012||Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, TheThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2||Dr. Carlisle Cullen|
|2013||Gallows Hill||David Reynolds|
|2014||Freezer||Detective Sam Gurov|
|2017||Wilde Wedding||Ethan Darling|
|1995||Law & Order||Shane Sutter||Episode: "Performance"|
|1995||Wright Verdicts, TheThe Wright Verdicts||Vincent Costanza||Episode: "Sins of the Father"|
|2002–03||Fastlane||Donovan "Van" Ray||Main role; 22 episodes|
|2004–05||Six Feet Under||Jimmy||9 episodes|
|2006||American Dad!||Miles (voice)||Episode: "Roger 'n' Me"|
|2007||Damages||Gregory Malina||8 episodes|
|2009–15||Nurse Jackie||Dr. Fitch "Coop" Cooper||Main role (seasons 1–7): 73 Episodes|
|2011||Accidentally in Love||N/A||Television film; producer and writer|
|2013–14||Glee||Rupert Campion||4 episodes|
|2015||American Odyssey||Peter Decker|
|2015–present||Supergirl||Maxwell Lord||Recurring role|
- Peter Facinelli Biography (1973-)
- Tauber, Michelle (2002-11-11). "Vroom, Vroom!". People. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
Given Facinelli's Catholic upbringing, ...
- "PETER FACINELLI: Un vampiro dalla val di Non" (in Italian). Mondotrentino.net. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- In Trentino, giornale on-line del Trentino, ed. (2008-12-19). "Dalla Val di Non a Hollywood" (in Italian). Retrieved 2009-03-17.
- Roleke, John (2009-12-24). "Twilight Star Home for the Holidays in Queens". About.com. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- Kugel, Allison (December 12, 2011). "Peter Facinelli Talks Producing His First Indie Film, Loosies, Nurse Jackie, & Almost Passing on Twilight.". PR.com. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- Carroll, Larry (2008-02-19). "'Twilight' Film's First Family Revealed: Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser Lead Cullen Clan". MTV. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
- Carroll, Larry (2008-11-26). "Peter Facinelli Excited To Play Carlisle Cullen Again In 'New Moon'". MTV. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- "Cullen Family Stars Sign on For 'Breaking Dawn' – Yahoo! Movies". Movies.yahoo.com. 2010-05-19. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- "Nurse Jackie: Official Site". Sho.com. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- Fernandez, Jay A. (2010-06-17). "Vincent Gallo, Michael Madsen join 'Loosies'". Hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- "'Jennie Garth Has Red-and-White Wedding'". ABC News. 2001-02-01. Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- "Peter Facinelli Files for Divorce from Jennie Garth". People. 2012-03-28. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Jennie Garth & Peter Facinelli: Divorce Final - Nicest Divorce Ever". TMZ. 2013-06-12. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- Michelle Ward (30 November 2012). "Peter Facinelli Finds Love with Costar Jaimie Alexander". People. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Cynthia Littleton (25 August 2014). "Inside the Emmy Parties: MPTF's Evening Before, Showtime, NBC, ICM Partners Cap Emmy Eve". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
Jaimie Alexander has reunited with her "Kyle XY" producer Julie Plec, and the two are animatedly chatting along with Alexander's beau Peter Facinelli
- Andriakos, Jacqueline (March 18, 2015). "Peter Facinelli was engaged to Jaimie Alexander". People. Retrieved March 18, 2015.
- Chiu, Melody. "Jaimie Alexander and Peter Facinelli End Their Engagement". People. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Facinelli.|