|Nationality||United States of America|
|Citizenship||United States of America|
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Known for||Customer lifetime value
Customer centricityCustomer-based corporate valuation
|Awards||Frances and Pei-Yuan Chia Professorship, 25 Marketing Technology Trailblazers,|
|Institutions||Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Theta Equity Partners|
Peter S. Fader is the Frances and Pei-Yuan Chia Professor of Marketing at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. His research is about the analysis of behavioral data to forecast customer shopping/purchasing activities.
Fader was introduced to marketing when he was a math major undergraduate in MIT by Professor Leigh McAlister. Later in an interview, Fader called McAlister his "fairy god mother" for his career in marketing. Fader works with firms from a plethora of industries, such as telecommunications, financial services, gaming/entertainment, retailing, and pharmaceuticals. Managerial applications focus on topics such as management of customer relationships, lifetime value of the customer, and sales predictions for new products. Much of his research highlights the consistent behavioral patterns that exist across these industries and other domains.
In addition to his various roles at Wharton, Professor Fader co-founded a predictive analytics firm named Zodiac in 2015, which was sold to Nike in 2018. He then co-founded and still works at Theta Equity Partners to commercialize his more recent work on “customer-based corporate valuation.”
Fader is the author of Customer Centricity: Focus on the Right Customers for Strategic Advantage and co-authored with Sarah E. Toms of the book The Customer Centricity Playbook: Implement a Winning Strategy Driven by Customer Lifetime Value.
He is the current recipient of the Pei-Yuan Chia Professorship. He has held this award since 2003.
- "Peter Fader". Marketing Department. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "Let's Talk Loyalty: #40: Loyalty Lessons From Wharton School's Professor of Marketing on Apple Podcasts". Apple Podcasts. Retrieved 2020-06-19.
- Radio, Business; Podcasts; Management, Strategic; Focus, Global; America, North. "How to Find Your Most Valuable Customers". Knowledge@Wharton. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "NIKE, Inc. Acquires Data Analytics Leader Zodiac". Nike News. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "Theta Equity Partners - Customer-Based Corporate Valuation". Theta Equity Part... Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- The customer isn't always right, but some customers are better than others | Peter Fader | TEDxPenn, retrieved 2020-04-06
- Drenik, Gary. "Digital Targeting: Okay, I'm Making It All Up, I Really Don't Know You". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- Morgan, Blake. "Customer Centricity With Wharton's Dr. Peter Fader". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-04-06.