Dundalk, Louth, Ireland
|Political party||Fine Gael|
|Position||Left half Back|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
Peter Fitzpatrick (born May 1962) is an Irish politician and sportsman. He is a Fine Gael TD representing the Louth constituency in Dáil Éireann. He is a former manager of Louth Gaelic football team.
As a player Fitzpatrick won a Leinster Under 21 Championship in 1981.
Fitzpatrick was appointed manager of Louth in November 2009, succeeding Eamonn McEneaney, the former Monaghan footballer and manager. His first season in charge of Louth proved to be historic as the team reached their first Leinster final in 50 years. The 2010 Leinster Senior Football Championship Final pitted them against Meath. Louth almost won but for referee Martin Sludden, who allowed a controversial goal by Joe Sheridan late in the game. Louth subsequently entered the 2010 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship through the "back door". However, the team lost heavily to Dublin in their next game, thus ending the county's 2010 championship season.
The 2011 season proved to be a good start throughout the league. Louth qualified for the Division 3 Final where they faced Westmeath. The final proved to be a very tense but bright finish as Louth ran out winners on a scoreline of 1-15 to 0-13.
He quit in 2012 after 30 years.
- Louth – National League 3: 2011
Fitzpatrick allowed his name to go forward for a nomination for Fine Gael ahead of the 2011 general election. He was elected as a Fine Gael Teachta Dála (TD) for Louth. In Dáil Éireann he sits on the Committee for transport tourism and sport and previously on the health committee.  Peter is known to enjoy using the gym facilities in Dáil Éireann.
- "Mr. Peter Fitzpatrick". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- Collins, Stephen (2011). Nealon's Guide to the 31st Dáil and 24th Seanad. Dublin: Gill & Macmillan. p. 149. ISBN 9780717150595.
- "Fitzpatrick quits as Louth manager". The Irish Times. 30 July 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- "Fitzpatrick opts to seek nomination – Louth senior football boss allows name to go forward". The Dundalk Democrat. 25 January 2011. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- "Louth – Election 2011". RTÉ News. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "Peter Fitzpatrick". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
|New seat||Fine Gael Teachta Dála for Louth
|Louth Senior Football Manager