Björn Peter Gärdenfors (born 21 September 1949) is professor of cognitive science at the University of Lund, Sweden. He is member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities and recipient of the Gad Rausing Prize (Swedish: Rausingpriset). He received his doctorate from Lund University in 1974. Internationally, he is one of Sweden's most notable philosophers. In 2009, he was elected member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. and the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences. He is member of Deutsche Akademie für Naturforscher and of Academia Europaea. In 2014 Björn Peter Gärdenfors was awarded a Senior Fellowship of the Zukunftskolleg at the University of Konstanz. He was Member of the Prize Committee for the Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2011-2017.
Peter Gärdenfors’ research covers several areas: Belief revision, decision theory, philosophy of science, concept formation, conceptual spaces, cognitive semantics, and the evolution of cognition and language.
- The Geometry of Meaning: Semantics Based on Conceptual Spaces. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. 2014. ISBN 0-262-02678-3.
- Conceptual Spaces: The Geometry of Thought. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. 2000. ISBN 0-262-07199-1.
- How Homo Became Sapiens. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press. 2003. ISBN 0-19-852850-7.
- The Dynamics of Thought. Dordrecht: Springer. 2005. ISBN 1-4020-3399-0.
- Den meningssökande människan. Stockholm: Natur & Kultur. 2006. ISBN 91-27-11328-0.
- Knowledge in Flux: Modeling the Dynamics of Epistemic States. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. ISBN 978-0262570824.
1. ^ Five prominent researchers elected to the Academy, press announcement 2009-12-19
2. ^ https://www.zukunftskolleg.uni-konstanz.de/people/senior-fellows/
- What is Life? Evolutionary and developmental aspects of intersubjectivity. Talk at Karolinska Institutet, February 20, 2008.
- How to Motivate Students? TEDxNorrkoping
|This biographical article about a Swedish academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|