Björn Peter Gärdenfors (born 21 September 1949) is a professor of cognitive science at the University of Lund, Sweden. He is a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities and recipient of the Gad Rausing Prize (Swedish: Rausingpriset). He received his doctorate from Lund University in 1974; his thesis title was "Group Decision Theory". Internationally, he is one of Sweden's most notable philosophers. In 2009, he was elected a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. In 2014 Björn Peter Gärdenfors was awarded a Senior Fellowship of the Zukunftskolleg at the University of Konstanz.
- The Geometry of Meaning: Semantics Based on Conceptual Spaces. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. 2014. ISBN 0-262-02678-3.
- Conceptual Spaces: The Geometry of Thought. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. 2000. ISBN 0-262-07199-1.
- How Homo Became Sapiens. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press. 2003. ISBN 0-19-852850-7.
- The Dynamics of Thought. Dordrecht: Springer. 2005. ISBN 1-4020-3399-0.
- Den meningssökande människan. Stockholm: Natur & Kultur. 2006. ISBN 91-27-11328-0.
- Five prominent researchers elected to the Academy, press announcement 2009-12-19
- What is Life? Evolutionary and developmental aspects of intersubjectivity. Talk at Karolinska Institutet, February 20, 2008.
- How to Motivate Students? TEDxNorrkoping
|This biographical article about a Swedish academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|