Peter Green (referee)
|Full name||Peter Daniel Green|
29 May 1978|
|2000–2004||National Soccer League||Referee|
Peter Daniel Green (born 29 May 1978 in Brisbane, Queensland) is a soccer referee in the Australian A-League. Green has been FIFA listed since 2006 and a member of the AFC Elite Referees Panel since 2008. He has refereed in three A-League Grand Final matches. He was the A-League referee of the year in 2013 and 2014.
He has refereeing in the top tier of Australian soccer since 2002. Green was awarded a FIFA badge in 2006 and is eligible to referee international matches. He was also selected on the AFC Elite Referees Panel for the 2008 year and has refereed matches for AFC since.
Green refereed the 2013-14 Grand final as a reward for his consistently high performances. He is currently the longest serving A-League central referee.
On 4 April 2017, Peter Green was appointed as one of the inaugural Video assistant referee (VAR's) in the Hyundai A-League, the first top-tier football league in the world to implement the technology.
- 2013/2014 Season: A-League Referee Of The Year
- 2013/2014 Season: Grand Final Centre Referee
- 2005/2006 Season: 3 Matches (Including: 1 Pre-season)
- 2006/2007 Season: 10 Matches (Including: 2 Pre-season; Minor Semi-Final 1st Leg)
- 2007/2008 Season: 18 Matches (Including: 1 Pre-season; Preliminary Final)
- 2008/2009 Season: 9 Matches (Including: Minor Semi-Final 2nd Leg)
- 2009/2010 Season: 18 Matches (Including: Major Semi-Final 1st Leg; Preliminary Final)
AFC Cup 2008
- 18-3-2008: Home United - Kedah FA (Group Stage)
- 2-4-2008: Perak FA - Kitchee (Group Stage)
- 14-5-2008: Dempo SC - Sur Club (Group Stage)
AFC Under 16 Championship 2008
- 6-10-2008: Indonesia - Korea Republic
- 8-10-2008: Uzbekistan - Bahrain
- 12-10-2008: Japan - Saudi Arabia (Quarter Final)
AFC Champions League 2009
Asian Cup 2011 qualifiers
AFC Champions League 2010
- "Referee in Focus – Peter Green". A-League.com.au. Football Federation Australia. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- Nicholson, James (5 November 2000). "Colour blind". The Canberra Times.
Last Saturday's ref, incidentally, was a chap by the name of Peter Green, who is in his first season as an NSL official.
- Monteverde, Marco (18 April 2013). "Queenslander Green to ref grand final". News.com.au. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Peter Green (Referee) - Games Refereed - 2012-13". Ultimate A-League. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Green reaches refereeing milestone". MyFootball.com.au. Football Federation Australia. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Hyundai A-League first to use Video Assistant Referees". A-League.com.au. Football Federation Australia. 3 April 2017. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Peter Green (Referee)". Ultimate A-League. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- "Referee - Peter Green - stats". Worldreferee.com. Retrieved 26 October 2017.
- Sydney Festival of Football 2010