Life and career
Grosz was born New York City, New York, and was raised in Scarsdale. Grosz is Jewish. He has worked both as an actor and as a producer. He is most recognizable for appearing in Sonic's "two guys" commercials, in which he appears as the straight man in a double act with improvisational comedian T. J. Jagodowski, with whom he also worked in the movie Stranger Than Fiction. Grosz is a graduate of Northwestern University, where he worked with Seth Meyers of Saturday Night Live. He worked as a writer for The Colbert Report from 2007 to 2010, where he has appeared on screen at least four times: once as the Time-Travelling Brandy Thief, once as a version of himself on September 23, 2008, once on May 13, 2010 to interrupt Stephen Colbert's attempt to introduce guest band The Hold Steady, only to perform the introduction himself, and on January 9, 2013 as McGnaw the Gluten-Free Beaver. In addition, the May 13, 2010 episode ended with Colbert wishing farewell to the Time-Travelling Brandy Thief; Grosz confirmed on his Facebook page that this was his last episode of the Colbert Report as a writer. Additionally, the birth of his child was announced on the show on March 9, 2009.
On December 18, 2018 Grosz appeared on Late Night with Stephen Colbert as Stephen Miller, Senior Advisor for policy to US President Donald Trump, in a sketch with Colbert about Miller's appearance on Face the Nation the previous Sunday.
- The Colbert Report (as writer)
- The Promotion (2007)
- Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
- The Weather Man (2005)
- The Naked Trucker and T-Bones Show (episode 1, 2007, as consulting producer)
- Veep (2012-2016)
- Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
- Vinyl (2016)
- Aardvark (2016)
- Rough Night (2017)
- The President Show (2017-)
- Aschenbrand, Periel. "The Chosen Ones: An Interview With Peter Grosz". Tablet Magazine. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- Ms Interpreted (March 16, 2007). ""The Colbert Report" welcomes a new writer: Peter Grosz". Nofactzone. Retrieved 21 August 2010.
- Colbertnation.com: Peter Grosz insults
- New Baby Abraham Carter Grosz
- "Peter Grosz". IMDb. Retrieved 2018-02-01.
- Christie D'Zurilla (April 3, 2017). "With 'The President Show,' Comedy Central commits to peak Trump". LATimes.com. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Stephen Miller Has A Bad Hair Day, retrieved 2018-12-19
- August 14, 2010, as substitute host