|Silver||1980 Lake Placid||Men's doubles|
|Silver||1977 Igls||Men's doubles|
|Bronze||1979 Oberhof||Men's doubles|
Peter Gschnitzer (born July 10, 1953) was an Italian luger who competed during the late 1970s and early 1980s. He won the silver medal in the men's doubles event at the 1980 Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, New York.
Gschnitzer also won a silver medal in the men's doubles event at the 1977 FIL World Luge Championships in Igls, Austria. He also won a bronze medal in the men's doubles event at the 1979 FIL European Luge Championships in Oberhof, East Germany.
Gschnitzer also won the overall Luge World Cup title in men's doubles in the first two seasons of the World Cup's existence (1977-8, 1978-9).
- DatabaseOlympics.com information on Gschneitzer
- Fuzilogik Sports - Winter Olympic results - Men's luge
- Hickoksports.com results on Olympic champions in luge and skeleton.
- Hickok sports information on World champions in luge and skeleton.
- List of European luge champions (German)
- List of men's doubles luge World Cup champions since 1978.
|This biographical article relating to Italian luge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|