Peter Hermann (actor)
|Born||New York City, New York|
|Occupation||Actor, producer, writer|
|Spouse(s)||Mariska Hargitay (m. 2004)|
Peter Hermann is an American actor, producer and writer. He is married to actress Mariska Hargitay, with whom he has three children.
Early life and education
Hermann was born in New York City to German parents but moved to Germany when he was 2 months old. He lived in Germany until he was 10, and did not learn English until he returned to the United States.
Hermann had brief stints on a variety of television shows that include the soap opera, Guiding Light (1997–1998), the ABC Family show, Beautiful People (2006) and the Lifetime original series, Angela's Eyes (2006). Since 2002 he has had a recurring role as Trevor Langan, a defense attorney on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Hermann was in the Broadway premiere of Eric Bogosian's Talk Radio, starring Liev Schreiber, and featuring fellow Law & Order: Special Victims Unit cast member Stephanie March. It began performances on February 15, 2007, in preparation for a March 11 opening; its final Broadway performance was on June 24, 2007.
He also guested on 30 Rock during its first season, and starred in ABC's mid-season replacement series, Cashmere Mafia, as Davis Draper. As of 2011 he appears in the Broadway play War Horse.
While appearing on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Hermann met lead actress, Mariska Hargitay, whom he married on August 28, 2004, in Santa Barbara, California. They have a son, August Miklos Friedrich Hermann, who was born on June 28, 2006. Hargitay and Hermann adopted a baby girl, Amaya Josephine, in April 2011. In October 2011, the couple adopted a baby boy, Andrew Nicolas Hargitay Hermann, who had been born in mid-2011.
|United 93||Jeremy Glick|
|2010||Edge of Darkness||Sanderman|
|Just Wright||Dr. Taylor|
|2011||Too Big to Fail||Christopher Cox||TV movie|
|2012||Trouble with the Curve||Greg|
|1997–1998||Guiding Light||Dr. Michael Burke||42 episodes|
|1999||Get Real||David||Episodes: "Pilot", "Sexual Healing", "Passages"|
|2000||Law & Order||Al Goran||Episode: "Mega"|
|Spin City||Ed||Episode: "Don't Get on the Bus"|
|2002||Hack||Mark Vincenzo||Episode: "Obsession"|
|2002–2015||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Trevor Langan||28 Episodes|
|2003||Sex and the City||David||Episode: "Hop, Skip and a Week"|
|All My Children||Wayne Kabak||Episode: "August 22, 2003"|
|2005||Hope & Faith||Brent||Episode: "The Halloween Party"|
|2006||Beautiful People||Luke Dalton||6 episodes|
|Standoff||Liam Fowler||Episode: "Shanghai'd"|
|Angela's Eyes||Peter Wagner||Episode: Pilot
Episode: Eyes For Windows
Episode: In Your Eyes
Episode: Eyes on the Prize
|2007||30 Rock||Gray||Episode: "The Head and the Hair"|
|2008||Cashmere Mafia||Davis Draper||7 episodes|
|Fringe||Grant||Episode: "The Ghost Network"|
|2009||Bored to Death||Gary||Episode: "The Alanon Case"|
|2010||The Good Wife||Judge Derek Shickel||Episode: "Hybristophilia"|
|2011-2012||A Gifted Man||Harrison Curtis||5 episodes|
|2012-2014||Blue Bloods||John "Jack" Boyle||5 Episodes|
|2010||White Collar||Willson Mailer||Episode: "Parting Shoots"|
|2013||Elementary||Detective Craig Basken||Episode: "An Unnatural Arrangement"|
|2015–present||Younger||Charles Brooks||Series regular|
- Henderson, Kathy (July 29, 2011). "What's Up, Peter Hermann? The War Horse Star on Blending Broadway and a New Baby". Broadway.com (Key Brand Entertainment). Retrieved January 26, 2013.
- "Law & Order's Mariska Hargitay Gets Married". People. September 2, 2004.
- Ravitz, Justin (October 19, 2011). "Mariska Hargitay Adopts For Second Time in Six Months: New Details". Us Weekly. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- Kimpton, Roger (Summer 2010). "Hollywood on the Palisades". Palisade: 13.
- Triggs, Charlotte (April 6, 2011). "Mariska Hargitay Adopts a Baby". People. Time Inc. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- Hubbard, Amy (October 19, 2011). "Mariska Hargitay adopts second baby in 6 months: Give 'em an 'A'". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. Archived from the original on October 19, 2011. Retrieved October 19, 2011.
- Triggs, Charlotte (October 19, 2011). "Mariska Hargitay Adopts Son Andrew Nicolas". People.