Peter Howell (actor)
|Born||Peter Norman Bulmer Howell
25 October 1919
London, England, UK
|Died||20 April 2015 (aged 95)
Northwood, England, UK
|Spouse(s)||Susan Cheshire (m. 1957–1992, her death)|
|Children||daughters: Polly, Tamara & Camilla, & son, Benji|
A regular in 1950s television hospital drama series Emergency – Ward 10, he has made guest appearances in The Avengers, The Prisoner, and the Doctor Who serial The Mutants. He played the prison governor in the 1979 film Scum. He played Saruman in the 1981 BBC Radio production of The Lord of the Rings. He also featured in the Yes Minister "Equal Opportunities" (1982) as a committee member. In the long running Radio 4 drama The Archers he had a recurring role as Right Reverend Cyril Hood, Bishop of Felpersham.
- Tarzan the Magnificent (1960)
- Watch Your Stern (1960)
- The Hellfire Club (1961)
- Raising the Wind (1961)
- Incident at Midnight (1963)
- The Devil-Ship Pirates (1964)
- Scum (1979)
- John Wycliffe: The Morning Star (1984)
- A.D. (1985)
- Bellman and True (1987)
- Shadowlands (1993)
- Princess Caraboo (1994)
- The Innocent Sleep (1996)
- The Libertine (2004)
- Hayward, Anthony (10 May 2015). "Peter Howell obituary" – via The Guardian.
- "Peter Howell - Movies and Filmography - AllMovie".
- "Scum (1979)".
- "The Lord of the Rings - BBC Radio 4 FM - 30 August 1981 - BBC Genome".
- "Equal Opportunities (1982)".
- "Pride and Prejudice (1980) - Cyril Coke - Cast and Crew - AllMovie".
- RIP actor Peter Howell
- Stern/CompuWeb, Keith. "Ian McKellen - Writings - Tribute - PETER HOWELL (1919-2015)".
|This article about a United Kingdom film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|