Peter J. McGovern Little League Museum
|Location||539 US Route 15 Highway, South Williamsport, PA|
|Type||Sports museum, Hall of fame|
The Peter J. McGovern Little League Museum — now known as the "World of Little League" — is located on the Little League International Complex on Route 15 in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States. The museum offers interactive exhibits for children of all ages. In addition, patrons can learn about the history of Little League. The museum chronicles the growth of Little League from one, three-team league in 1939 to the multi-national youth sporting organization that it is today. Howard J. Lamade Stadium and Little League Volunteer Stadium are located directly behind the museum.
Part of the museum includes the Peter J. McGovern Little League Museum Hall of Excellence.
Hall of Excellence
- For all inductees, see footnote
- Senator Bill Bradley
- Vice President Dan Quayle
- President George W. Bush
- "Hall of Excellence". Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- "NEW YORK YANKEES LEGENDARY PITCHER AND PANAMA-NATIVE MARIANO RIVERA TO BE ENSHRINED IN THE LITTLE LEAGUE® HALL OF EXCELLENCE" (Press release). Little League Baseball. August 13, 2015. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- Museum webpage. Little League official website
- Hall of Excellence webpage. Little League official website