Peter J. Taylor
Peter James Taylor, FBA, FAcSS (born 21 November 1944) is an English geographer. Born in Calverton in Nottinghamshire, he was Professor of Political Geography at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne between 1970 and 1996, before joining Loughborough University as Professor of Geography Since 2010 he has worked at Northumbria University. He is the co-founding editor of the journal Political Geography, and is the founder and director of the Globalization and World Cities Research Network and is the author of over 300 publications, of which over 60 have been translated into other languages. In September 2010, he became a Professor of Geography at Northumbria University.
- International Handbook of Globalization and World Cities (2011)
- Political Geography: World-Economy, Nation-State, Locality (2011)
- Global Urban Analysis: a Survey of Cities in Globalization (2010)
- Cities in Globalization (2006)
- World City Network: a Global Urban Analysis (2004)
- Modernities: a Geohistorical Introduction (1999)
- The Way the Modern World Works: from World Hegemony to World Impasse (1996)
- "Prof Peter Taylor". Debrett's People of Today. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "Peter J. Taylor, Ben Derudder, Cándida Gago García and Frank Witlox - Short Biographies". Geography Compass. Blackwell publishing. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "Professor Peter Taylor", British Academy. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- Professor Peter Taylor, homepage at Department of Geography, Loughborough University
- Professor Peter J Taylor, homepage at Department of Geography and Environment, Northumbria University
|This biographical article about a geographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|