|Born||1979 (age 43–44)|
|Known for||The Zeitgeist Movement|
Peter Joseph is an American independent filmmaker and activist. He is best known for the Zeitgeist film series, which he wrote, directed, narrated, scored, and produced. He is also the founder of the related Zeitgeist Movement. Other work by Joseph includes the 2017 book The New Human Rights Movement: Reinventing the Economy to End Oppression.
In 2009, he founded The Zeitgeist Movement, a self-described "sustainability advocacy organization". It was originally started as the "activist arm" of an organization called The Venus Project, launched by Jacque Fresco in 1994. In 2011, the two organizations separated. Joseph's work with the movement and the Zeitgeist film trilogy has been the subject of national media attention, including articles in The New York Times, The Palm Beach Post, VC Reporter, and TheMarker.
- Murdock, D.M.; Joseph, Peter (2011). The Zeitgeist Sourcebook - Part 1: The Greatest Story Ever Told (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on July 28, 2019. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- "Peter Joseph, Official Media Archive". peterjoseph.info. Retrieved August 9, 2013.
- Donovan, Travis (May 16, 2015). "The Zeitgeist Movement: Envisioning A Sustainable Future". The Huffington Post. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- Tanguay, Brian (September 26, 2017). Peter Joseph's 'The New Human Rights Movement.' Santa Barbara Independent. Retrieved: August 12, 2018.
- "Biography – Peter Joseph". peterjoseph.info. Archived from the original on June 29, 2014. Retrieved October 11, 2020 – via Wayback Machine.
- Bill Stamets (February 15, 2011). "Art-house films: 'Marwencol,' 'Zeitgeist'". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved March 7, 2011. "The view from Venus". Orlando Weekly.
- Feuer, Alan (March 17, 2009). "They've Seen the Future and Dislike the Present". The New York Times. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- Rhonda Swan, A dream worth having, The Palm Beach Post, May 1, 2009
- New world re-order: The Zeitgeist Movement spreads to Ventura County, Shane Cohn, VC Reporter, May 12, 2011
- Simon, Alex (June 20, 2015). "Awaiting Interreflections : Peter Joseph's Highly Anticipated New Film Series Inches Towards its 2016 Release". HuffPost. Retrieved July 30, 2019.
- "Culture in decline" in IMDB
- "Culture in decline" Website
- "Abby Martin Discusses the Absurdity of Capitalism with Peter Joseph". YouTube. Archived from the original on December 15, 2021. Retrieved August 21, 2017.