Peter Kennedy (figure skater)
|Full name||Michael Edward Kennedy III|
September 4, 1927 |
Olympia, Washington, U.S.
|Skating club||Seattle Skating Club
Broadmoor Skating Club
Michael Edward "Peter" Kennedy III (born September 4, 1927 in Olympia, Washington) is an American pair skater. Although named Michael, he was nicknamed Peter as a child, and has been credited in competition by both names. With his sister, Karol, he won five U.S. Championship titles from 1948–1952. Known as "The Kennedy Kids," they won the World Championship in 1950, and the silver medal in the 1952 Winter Olympics.
(all with Karol)
|Winter Olympic Games||6th||2nd|
|North American Championships||3rd||1st||1st|
- "Peter Kennedy". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- GoldenSkate: North American Figure Skating Championships: List of Champions
- Skatabase: 1948 Winter Olympics: Pairs Results
- Skatabase: 1952 Winter Olympics: Pairs Results
- Skatabase: 1940s Worlds: Pairs Results
- Skatabase: 1950s Worlds: Pairs Results
|This article about a United States figure skater is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|