Peter Kern (actor)
13 February 1949|
26 August 2015 (aged 66)|
|Occupation||Actor, film director, screenwriter, film producer|
Peter Kern (13 February 1949 – 26 August 2015) was an Austrian actor, film director, screenwriter, and producer. He appeared in more than 70 films and directed a further 25. He starred in the 1978 film Flaming Hearts, which was entered into the 28th Berlin International Film Festival. In 1980, he was a member of the jury at the 30th Berlin International Film Festival.
Two of Kern's later films, Blutsfreundschaft (2008) and Mörderschwestern (2011), featured Helmut Berger in a starring role. His last film was The Last Summer of the Rich ("Der letzte Sommer der Reichen"), which screened at the Berlin Film Festival in 2015.
- Ludwig: Requiem for a Virgin King (1972)
- The Wrong Move (1975)
- The Sternstein Manor (1976)
- The Wild Duck (1976)
- Group Portrait with Lady (1977)
- Hitler: A Film from Germany (1977)
- Flaming Hearts (1978)
- Despair (1978)
- Bella Donna (1983)
- Joan of Arc of Mongolia (1989)
- Malina (1991)
- "IMDB.com: Awards for Flaming Hearts". imdb.com. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- "Berlinale 1980: Juries". berlinale.de. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Regisseur und Schauspieler Peter Kern ist gestorben". DiePresse.com (in German).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Kern (actor).|
|This article about an Austrian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|