Keyboardist Peter Kiesewalter at the Ottawa Chamber Music Festival 2006
|Born||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Residence||New York City, New York|
|Genres||folk-rock, jazz, classical|
|Instruments||saxophone, clarinet, keyboards, accordion|
|Associated acts||Angstones, Fat Man Waving, East Village Opera Company|
Peter Kiesewalter is a Canadian arranger and multi-instrumentalist who plays sax, clarinet, keyboard, and accordion.
In the 1990s, Kiesewalter was a member of the Ottawa-based bands Fat Man Waving and Angstones, both diverse bands that blended folk, jazz and pop music influences. He played piano, keyboards, accordion and clarinet with Fat Man Waving, and reeds and accordion with the Angstones. His bandmates in the two bands included Rebecca Campbell (vocals), Fred Guignon (guitar), Ian Mackie (drums and percussion) and James Stephens (bass) in Fat Man Waving, and Mackie, Kurt Walther (guitar), Rob Frayne (saxophone) and John Geggie (bass) in the Angstones.
Kiesewalter was a member of the East Village Opera Company (EVOC) from 2004 to 2010, a rock group co-founded by vocalist Tyley Ross and Kiesewalter. AnnMarie Milazzo provided vocals. EVOC included eight other members: two guitarists, a bassist, a percussionist and a string quartet. EVOC's repertoire included primarily operatic and classical pieces that Kiesewalter arranged in rock and other popular music styles. Kiesewalter next formed Brooklyn Rundfunk Orkestrata (BRO) to cover songs from The Sound of Music with the Rodgers and Hammerstein Organization.
- "Fat Man Waving goodbye". Ottawa Citizen, June 3, 1996.
- "Peter Kiesewalter loves Prague, the Cookie Monster, and his own record". Ottawa Citizen, November 8, 2008.
- East Village Opera Company – Bio
- "Group takes riff on opera", The Washington Times, September 28, 2005, accessed February 12, 2015
- "The Sound of Music Mashup; Peter Kiesewalter's new band pays very funky homage to the classic musical score". Ottawa Citizen, November 2, 2011.
- Holly Price, Holly Cara. "Jane Siberry's Holiday Hoes and Hosers Brings Magic to Iridium Jazz Club", The Huffington Post, December 18, 2014
- Evancho, Jackie. Liner notes, Jackie Evancho Awakening Live in Concert, Portrait Records DVD, 88875 02869 9, recorded August 21, 2014, released December 3, 2014; and concert program, Jackie Evancho: Awakening – Live in Concert, Smith Center for the Performing Arts, Las Vegas, Nevada, January 31, 2015