|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Occultist Alan Cabal wrote in 2003 that Levenda was the writer with the pseudonym of "Simon", the author of the Simon Necronomicon, a grimoire that derives its title from H.P. Lovecraft's fictional Necronomicon, featured in Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos stories. The U.S. Copyright Office registration for Simon's Gates of the Necronomicon lists the author as Peter Levenda, whose pseudonym is Simon. In 2013, Levenda told journalist Joseph Flatley of The Verge that he was not "Simon".
- Unholy Alliance: A History of Nazi Involvement With the Occult (1994) ISBN 978-0826414090
- Sinister Forces - The Nine: A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft (Sinister Forces) (2005)
- Sinister Forces - A Warm Gun: A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft (Sinister Forces) (2005)
- Allianza Malefica / Unholy Alliance: The Nazis and the Power of the Occult (2006)
- Sinister Forces - The Manson Secret: A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft (Sinister Forces) (2006)
- Gates of the Necronomicon (as Simon) (2006)
- The Mao of Business: Guerrilla Trade Techniques for the New China (2007)
- Stairway to Heaven: Chinese Alchemists, Jewish Kabbalists, and the Art of Spiritual Transformation (2008)
- The Secret Temple: Masons, Mysteries and the Founding of America (2009)
- Tantric Temples: Eros and Magic in Java (2011)
- Ratline: Soviet Spies, Nazi Priests, and the Disappearance of Adolf Hitler (2012)
- The Angel And The Sorcerer (2012)
- The Dark Lord: H. P. Lovecraft, Kenneth Grant, and the Typhonian Tradition in Magic (2013)
- The Hitler Legacy: The Nazi Cult in Diaspora, How it was Organized, How it was Funded, and Why it remains a Threat to Global Security in the Age of Terrorism (2014)
- The Tantric Alchemist: Thomas Vaughan and the Indian Tantric Tradition (2015)
- The Lovecraft Code (2016)
- Sekret Machines: Gods, Man & War (with Tom DeLonge) (2017)
- "The Doom that Came to Chelsea - Manhattan, New York, NY - News". New York Press. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "The gates of the necronomicon". United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Flatley, Joseph L. (12 November 2013). "The cult of Cthulhu: real prayer for a fake tentacle". The Verge. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Official website
- Peter Levenda at the Internet Movie Database
- Ortronics to set up local office (archive), New Straits Times, Feb 12, 1988
- "Entries by Peter Levenda". sinisterforces.info. Archived from the original on 9 January 2007.
- Ratline website
- Tantric Temples website
- Thelema Now! Interview with Peter Levenda: http://traffic.libsyn.com/wuelf2000/Thelema_Now_Peter_Levenda.mp3