Peter Liguori (born January 7, 1960) is an American business executive who most recently held the position of President and chief executive officer of Tribune Media; he departed the company at the end of March 2017. He was appointed to the positions in January 2013, and is also a member of Tribune Media Company’s board of directors. During his tenure, the company acquired Local TV Holdings, LLC, doubling the size of its local television station group, and Gracenote, combining it with Tribune Media Services to form one of the world’s leading providers of entertainment metadata.
Before Tribune, Liguori served as Chief Operating Officer of Discovery Communications. Before joining Discovery in 2009, Liguori served as Chairman of entertainment for Fox, credited with helping the channel FX grow in prominence. Prior to assuming that position in 2005, Liguori was president and CEO of News Corp.’s FX Networks since 1998, overseeing business and programming operations for FX and Fox Movie Channel.
Liguori joined Fox/Liberty Networks in 1996 as senior vice president of marketing, for a new joint venture, which now includes Fox Sports Net, FX, Fox Sports World, SPEED and National Geographic Channel. Before joining Fox, Liguori was vice president, consumer marketing, at HBO. He also held several positions in HBO’s Home Video Division, including vice president, marketing, and senior vice president, marketing. Before HBO, he worked in advertising at Ogilvy & Mather and Saatchi & Saatchi.
Liguori produced the independent feature film, Big Night.
Liguori was elected to the board of trustees for the Paley Center for Media in October 2014.
In 2013 Liguori left Discovery to become CEO of Tribune Media which owned 23 television stations, WGN America on national cable, Chicago’s WGN-AM radio station, several news and information websites and about a third of the Food Network.
In March of 2017 Peter Liguori stepped down as CEO. 
- "About Tribune Company". Archived from the original on 14 February 2014. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Liguori Named CEO of Tribune Company". Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Tribune Closes Local TV Purchase". Retrieved 27 December 2013.
- "Tribune Buys Gracenote from Sony". Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Womack, Brian (11 April 2014). "Yahoo! Director Peter Liguori to Retire From Company Board". LA Times.
- "Ex-Discovery Exec Liguori Named Tribune CEO". Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- Channick, Robert (January 18, 2013). "TV executive Peter Liguori takes over as CEO of Tribune Co". Chicago Tribune.
- Golum, Rob (January 17, 2013). "Tribune Names Former Fox TV Executive as CEO".
- "Liguori Tapped Prexy of FX Net". Retrieved 6 August 1998. Check date values in:
- "Peter Liguori". Retrieved 28 January 2001.
- "Tribune Names Former Fox TV Executive as CEO". Retrieved 28 January 2001.
- "Peter Liguori".
- "Paley Center for Media Names Ten New Members to Board of Trustees". Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- "Peter Liguori Named Tribune Co. CEO". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-03-09.
- Littleton, Cynthia; Littleton, Cynthia (2017-01-25). "Peter Liguori to Exit as CEO of Tribune Media". Variety. Retrieved 2019-03-09.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|