Alongside Peter Kloeppel, Limbourg moderated the first of two TV election debates between Chancellor Gerhard Schröder and his challenger Edmund Stoiber ahead of the 2002 elections, which was aired live on two of Germany's private television channels during prime-time.
Between 2008 and 2013, Limbourg was the main presenter of daily news show SAT.1 News. In addition, he served as Editor-in-Chief of N24 (2008-2010) and as Information Director of ProSiebenSat.1 Media (2010-2013).
In September 2016, Limbourg condemned Turkey for confiscating the recording of a Deutsche Welle interview with Youth and Sports Minister Akif Çağatay Kılıç at his office in Ankara, arguing that the seizure of the video tape was "a blatant violation of press freedom." Deutsche Welle reporter Michel Friedman had asked Kılıç questions about July's attempted coup, mass layoffs and arrests that followed the failed putsch, and the media situation and the position of women in Turkey.
- Aktion Deutschland Hilft (Germany's Relief Coalition), Member of the Board of Trustees
- Bonner Akademie für Forschung und Lehre praktischer Politik (BAPP), Member of the Board of Trustees
- Civis Media Foundation, Member of the Board of Trustees (since 2013)
- International Journalists’ Programmes (IJP), Member of the Board of Trustees
- Konrad Adenauer Prize, Member of the Advisory Board
- RIAS Berlin Commission, Co-Chairman (alongside David Reinert)
- Reporters Without Borders Germany, Member of the Board of Trustees (until 2014)
- "Nigeria's Channel Television partners Deutsche Welle". Communicatio. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- "Channels TV, Deutsche Welle signed partnership agreements". Nigerian Tribune. Archived from the original on September 6, 2015. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- "Channels TV, Deutsche Welle signed partnership agreements". Thisdaylive. Archived from the original on August 19, 2015. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- "Channels TV, Deutsche Welle partner for better, balanced reporting on Africa". The Guardian News. Retrieved August 27, 2015.
- Gabor Steingart (September 9, 2002), Analyse zum TV-Duell: Stoiber gut, Schröder besser Spiegel Online.
- Board of Trustees: Peter Limbourg Civis Media Foundation.
- Erik Kirschbaum (September 6, 2016), Turkish government seizes interview tape from broadcaster Deutsche Welle Reuters.
- Board of Trustees Bonner Akademie für Forschung und Lehre praktischer Politik (BAPP).
- [[[Category:All articles with dead external links]][dead link] Board of Trustees: Peter Limbourg] Civis Media Foundation.
- Board of Trustees (2016-2019) International Journalists’ Programmes (IJP).
- Konrad Adenauer Prize: Advisory Board City of Cologne.
- Members of the Commission RIAS Berlin Commission.
|This article about a German journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|