Peter Madden (actor)
Peter Madden (9 August 1904 – 24 February 1976) was a British actor who was born in Ipoh in the Federated Malay States (now Malaysia). He was the son of Frederick Charles Linnet Butler-Madden and Margaret Teresa McCabe, and his name at birth was Dudley Frederick Peter Butler-Madden.
He appeared as the innkeeper Bruno in The Kiss of the Vampire (1963) and as the stern Police Chief in Frankenstein Created Woman (1967). His last Hammer role was brief, as a coach driver in Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell (1973).
On television he was seen in Danger Man, Z-Cars, The Avengers, The Saint and The Champions, Out of the Unknown, Steptoe and Son in the episode 'Live Now P.A.Y.E. Later' and also played Inspector Lestrade opposite Douglas Wilmer’s Sherlock Holmes in the 1965 BBC series.
In 1940 he married the actress Mary Jordan (1913-1973).
- Tom Brown's School Days (1940) - Jacob (uncredited)
- Rhythm Serenade (1943)
- The Wicked Lady (1945) - Hawker
- Counterblast (1948) - William Lucas, Nazi (uncredited)
- A Matter of Murder (1949) - Sgt. Bex
- A Town Like Alice (1956) - Aussie POW (uncredited)
- Fiend Without a Face (1958) - Dr. Bradley
- Battle of the V-1 (1958) - Stanislaw
- Hell Is a City (1960) - Bert Darwin
- Saturday Night and Sunday Morning (1960) - Drunken Man
- Exodus (1960) - Dr. Clement
- A Story of David (1961) - Chief Herder
- A Kind of Loving (1962) - Registrar
- The Road to Hong Kong (1962) - Lama (Slim) (uncredited)
- The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner (1962) - Mr. Smith (uncredited)
- The Very Edge (1963) - Sergeant Williams
- 80,000 Suspects (1963) - Ambulance Driver (uncredited)
- The Kiss of the Vampire (1963) - Bruno
- Stolen Hours (1963) - Reynolds
- From Russia with Love (1963) - McAdams
- Nothing but the Best (1964) - Ex-Politician
- Woman of Straw (1964) - Yacht Captain
- Do You Know This Voice? (1964) - Supt. Hume
- Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1964) - Caleb (segment "Werewolf")
- He Who Rides a Tiger (1965) - Peepers Woodley
- Dr Zhivago (1965) - Political Officer
- Frankenstein Created Woman (1967) - Chief of Police
- The Violent Enemy (1968) - Hewitt
- The Picasso Summer (1969) - Blind Man
- Vendetta for the Saint (1969) - Lo Zio
- The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes (1970) - Von Tirpitz
- On the Buses (1971) - Mr. Brooks
- Henry VIII and His Six Wives (1972) - Fisher
- Nearest and Dearest (1972) - Court Bailiff
- Steptoe and Son (1972, TV Series) - Norman, Retired Policeman
- Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell (1974) - Coach Driver
- Cause for Concern (1974) - Narrator (voice)
- One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing (1975) - Sanders
- The Message (1976) - Toothless Man (final film role)
- "Peter Madden". BFI.
- "Peter Madden | Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos". AllMovie.
- "Peter Madden, actor". davidlrattigan.com.
- "The Prisoner - Patrick McGoohan (1967)". Scifi-Movies.
- "Peter Madden". www.aveleyman.com.
- Maxford, Howard (October 25, 2018). Hammer Complete: The Films, the Personnel, the Company. McFarland. ISBN 9781476670072 – via Google Books.
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|