This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter McCormick OBE
Ranked as one of the top sports lawyers in the country, he is best known as the Chairman of the Legal Advisory Group of the Premier League and Chairman of the League's Football Board. In August 2015, he was unanimously elected by the 20 Premier League Clubs to be a Director of the Football Association (F.A.), a member of the F.A. Council, the F.A. Professional Game Board and the F.A. International Committee. Prior to these appointments, he was Chairman of the Premier League 2014/15.
In May 2016, he became a member of the Football Regulatory Authority (FRA) which is responsible for regulatory, disciplinary and rule-making for football played in England. He was also appointed Chairman of the FA International Committee; and a member of the FA Group Remuneration Committee, the FA Committees Appointment Panel and the FA Protocol Committee.
In August 2016, he was appointed Chairman of the FA Group Remuneration Committee and Chairman of the FA Judicial Panel Monitoring Group. In addition, he was made Chairman of the FA Premier League Medical Care Scheme Ltd, a company providing private health care to 95% of professionals in football in this country.
In July 2017, he was unanimously elected Vice Chairman of the FA. 
He was the inaugural Yorkshire Lawyer of the Year and Niche Practice Lawyer of the Year 2000. In 2008, he received the Lifetime Achievement in Business Award at the Ackrill Media Group Business Awards.
He was the inaugural Chairman of Visit Harrogate, the Destination Management Organisation for business and leisure tourism in the Harrogate district. In April 2017, he was appointed a Harrogate Conference Ambassador for the Harrogate Convention Centre. 
He is ranked as a leading expert by the Legal 500 and Chambers UK in Sport, Media and Entertainment, Commercial Litigation, Agriculture and Estates, Charities and Not-for-Profit, Contentious Trusts and Probate, and as a Leading Individual in Yorkshire and the Humber.
- "Eminent lawyers receive accolades". Harrogate Advertiser. 3 October 2007. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- Administrator. "Peter McCormick OBE - McCormicks Solicitors". www.mccormicks-solicitors.co.uk. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- "OBE civil (K - Z)". BBC Online. 31 December 1999. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Double delight for football solicitor as he finds the target in regional legal contest". Law Society Gazette. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Hundreds attend climax of our prestigious Business Awards 2008". Harrogate Advertiser. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Fresh hopes of tourism boost across district". Yorkshire Post. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- "War Memorials Trust". www.warmemorials.org. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- Administrator. "Helen Feather Memorial Trust - The Trustees". www.helenfeathertrust.co.uk. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- "The Legal 500 > McCormicks > Harrogate, ENGLAND > Lawyer profiles > Peter D G Mccormick Obe". www.legal500.com. Retrieved 4 September 2015.