Peter McDonald (demographer)
Peter Francis McDonald (born 1946) is an Australian demographer and Emeritus Professor of Demography in the Crawford School of Public Policy of the Australian National University. He is known for his research on fertility transition and migration. He researched extensively in Southeast Asia.
He had a significant impact on demographic teaching, research and policy formulation and received the Irene B. Taeuber Award in 2015. In 2013 the Prime Minister of Australia, Malcolm Turnbull, described McDonald as "arguably the world’s leading demographer". McDonald won Iran's Book of the Year Award for the book The Fertility Transition in Iran: Revolution and Reproduction (with Meimanat Hosseini-Chavoshi and Mohammad Jalal Abbasi-Shavazi).
- "New Demography Unit within the Centre for Health Policy". University of Melbourne. 5 July 2016. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Peter McDonald". Crawford School of Public Policy. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Meimenat Hosseini-Chavoshi". ANU School of Demography. 30 March 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- "DR Meimanat Hosseini-Chavoshi - The University of Melbourne". findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- "Springer book awarded prestigious prize in Iran". springer.com. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
|This biography of an Australian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|