Peter Milton Walsh
|Peter Milton Walsh|
|Genres||Chamber pop, post-punk, alternative|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, writer, composer, arranger|
|Instruments||Guitar, piano, bass guitar, vocals|
|Labels||Riley Records, Chapter Music, Talitres|
|Associated acts||The Apartments, Out of Nowhere, Laughing Clowns, The Go-Betweens|
Peter Milton Walsh is an Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist best known for his band, The Apartments.
The Apartments adopted their name from the 1960 film, The Apartment. The Apartments performed around Brisbane between 1978 and the following year before breaking up in October. Between November 1978 and January 1979, Walsh was the 4th member of fellow Brisbane band, The Go-Betweens where he played lead guitar over the summer whilst concurrently playing in The Apartments. During that short period of time, his guitar work made its way to a couple of recordings made for the Berserkley label in Great Britain.
The 1980s to Present
In January 1980, Walsh decided to quit music and moved to New York City after feeling disillusioned with the Punk Scene in Brisbane. Since 1984, Walsh reformed The Apartments where he continues to sporadically record and perform from his Sydney base.
- with The Apartments
- with The Go-Betweens
- Lee Remick/I Want to Be Today 7" (Beserkley, 1979) – guitar on "I Want to Be Today" Unreleased Single
- Karen/The Sound of Rain 7" (Beserkley, 1979) - guitar on "The Sound of Rain" Unreleased Single
- 78 'Til 79: The Lost Album (Tag 5, 1999) - guitar on "The Sound of Rain"
- with Out of Nowhere
- Forced Audience various artists cassette release with Xero, Four Gods (No Label, 1981)- guitar and vocals
- The Arrangements Cassette with Pink & Blue (ANTI-MUSIC, 1981) - guitar and vocals
- Remember, Remember/No Resistance 7" (Prince Melon, 1982) - guitar and vocals
- with Laughing Clowns
- Law of Nature LP (Hot, 1984) bass guitar
- Eternally Yours 12" (Hot, 1984) bass guitar
- Crystal Clear/Law of Nature 7" Flexidisc (Sydney Trade Union Club, 1984) bass guitar