|Born||Point Pleasant, New Jersey|
|Occupation||Television writer, producer|
Peter Nowalk is an American television writer and producer.
Nowalk was born in Point Pleasant, New Jersey and attended Brown University. He co-wrote The Hollywood Assistants Handbook, published by Workman Books in 2008. In same year he began working in the Shonda Rhimes medical drama series, Grey's Anatomy as recurring writer and later executive story editor and supervising producer. He is also co-executive producer of Scandal. Nowalk wrote "Everything's Coming Up Mellie", the seventh episode of the third season of Scandal in 2013.
Nowalk has stated that he is gay.
- Grey's Anatomy (2008-2013, writer - 11 episodes, story editor - 40 episodes, supervising producer/producer - 69 episodes)
- Scandal (2013–present, co-executive producer, writer - Episode "Everything's Coming Up Mellie")
- How to Get Away with Murder (2014–present, executive producer, creator, showrunner)
- "Pete Nowalk". American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "The Hollywood Assistants Handbook: 86 Rules for Aspiring Power Players". Amazon. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "ABC Buys Legal Thriller From Shondaland & ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Writer". Deadline. August 19, 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "ABC Pilots ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ & ‘Black-ish’ Start Making Writer Deals". Deadline. May 8, 2014. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- Jim Halterman (September 10, 2014). ""How to Get Away with Murder" Creator Pete Nowalk On ‘Awesomely Gay’ Character". The Backlot. Retrieved 18 September 2014.