This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Peter James Edward Oldring|
August 25, 1971|
Drayton Valley, Alberta, Canada
|Medium||Stand-up, television, film|
|Spouse||Sara Erikson (2010–present)|
|Notable works and roles||Conor Martin in Glenn Martin, DDS, Cody, Tyler, and Ezekiel in 'Total Drama Alfred Ashford In Resident Evil - Code: Veronica|
Peter James Edward Oldring (born August 25, 1971) is a Canadian voice actor, improviser, actor and comedian.
In addition to performing with The Second City improv group in Toronto and Los Angeles, Oldring has appeared on Canadian television. He was also a regular cast member of the redneck-themed sketch comedy series Blue Collar TV. Feature film roles include K-19: The Widowmaker, Focus and Lost and Delirious. He has a starring role in Intern Academy. He also played Farrah Fawcett's gay assistant in the television movie Hollywood Wives. Oldring also appeared in the series Doc and The WB's D.C., as well as in the television movie The Ricky Nelson Story. Oldring voiced Cody, Ezekiel and Tyler in Total Drama. Oldring also starred in the 2007 film Young People Fucking. In 2011, he was cast as "Lonnie" in the Disney XD show Kickin' It. He had a supporting role in two episodes of Psych: Extradition: British Columbia and Extradition II: The Actual Extradition Part.
His voice acting credits include the animated children's show Braceface, Mischief City, Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids, My Friend Rabbit, Pelswick, Total Drama, 6teen Pecola and Glenn Martin, DDS. Oldring has also voiced video game characters, such as Alfred Ashford in Resident Evil: Code Veronica X.
Oldring has also worked on numerous projects with his longtime creative partner Pat Kelly, including The Comedy Network series Good Morning World and the CBC Radio comedy show This Is That. Oldring currently appears on the TVOne original series Love That Girl! as a gay hairdresser named Fabian.
Awards and nominations
- 2004 - Gemini Award for Best Ensemble Performance in a Comedy Program or Series - Nominated
- 2008 - Gemini Award for Best Performance or Host in a Variety Program or Series - Nominated
- 2009 - Canadian Comedy Award for Best Male Performance - Won
- 2017 - ACTRA Award for Outstanding Performance - Voice (shared with Pat Kelly) - Nominated
- 2018 - Canadian Screen Award for Best Actor in a Web Program or Series, This Is That - Won
- Peter Oldring Archived 2009-07-09 at the Wayback Machine. at northernstars.ca
- Comedy, CBC. "About | This is That with Pat Kelly and Peter Oldring | CBC Radio". CBC Radio. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- Volmers, ,Eric. "Fake news, real outrage: Two Calgarians continue to reel them in on CBC Radio’s satirical show This is That". www.calgaryherald.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "CBC Radio satirical show 'This Is That' sparks as much outrage as laughs". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- Obenson, Tambay A. "TV One Announces Return Of Original Comedy Series 'Love That Girl!' | IndieWire". www.indiewire.com. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "2017 ACTRA Awards in Toronto Nominees | ACTRA Toronto". www.actratoronto.com. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Andrew Phung, Peter Oldring, Wynonna Earp Digital, Secret Alberta doc win Canadian Screen Awards". Calgary Herald, March 9, 2018.
|This article about a Canadian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|