Peter Price (bishop)
|The Rt Revd|
|Bishop of Bath and Wells|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Bath and Wells|
|Term ended||30 June 2013|
|Other posts||Area Bishop of Kingston (1997–2001)|
|Born||17 May 1944|
|Residence||Bishop's Palace, Wells|
|Alma mater||Redland College, Bristol|
Peter Bryan Price (born 17 May 1944) is a retired English Anglican bishop. He was the Bishop of Bath and Wells in the Church of England from 2001 to 30 June 2013. He sat in the House of Lords as one of the Lords Spiritual from 2008 until his retirement. Currently he chairs the Board of Trustees for the NGO Conciliation Resources.
Price attended Oak Hill Theological College. He was ordained a deacon in 1974 and a priest in 1975. He has been Chancellor of Southwark Cathedral, the area Bishop of Kingston, the chairman of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Mission and the General Secretary of the United Society for the Propagation of the Gospel (USPG). He broadcasts for BBC World Service and Independent Radio in London. He was presented with the Coventry Cross of Nails in 1999, an award for his reconciliation efforts.
Price has over 40 years experience of reconciliation, beginning in Northern Ireland but including Latin America, Africa and the Middle East. In 2011 he was able to revisit friends in El Salvador, including one bishop, Medardo Gomez, who he was instrumental in saving from execution in a visit to the country, in 1988, during the civil war. While in the House of Lords, he used his influence to pressure politicians to find alternative and non-militarised solutions to some of the world’s conflicts. In his final appearance in the House of Lords he urged G8 leaders to seize a "rare opportunity" for hope in resolving differences on Syria.
- Peter Price Esq (1944–1975)
- The Revd Peter Price (1975–1988)
- The Revd Canon Peter Price (1988–1997)
- The Rt Revd Peter Price (1997–present)
- Church of England — Bishop of Bath and Wells
- The Diocese of Bath and Wells — Bishop Peter Price biography Archived 22 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Bishop of Kingston to be Bishop of Bath & Wells". Dioceses of Southwark. Archived from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2009.
- "The Bishop of Bath and Wells to retire". Diocese of Bath and Wells. 3 November 2012.
- "Peter Price joins Conciliation Resources as Chair". Conciliation Resources. August 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Bishop recounts moving experiences in El Salvador 20 years after first visit". Diocese of Bath & Wells. 3 October 2011. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Bishop Peter Price at Oscar Romero Commemoration Service". Independent Catholic News. 27 March 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- ""Retirement" beckons for the Bishop of Bath & Wells". Diocese of Bath and Wells. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 July 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
|Church of England titles|
| Bishop of Kingston
| Bishop of Bath and Wells
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|