Peter R. Last
Peter Robert Last is an Australian ichthyologist, curator of the Australian National Fish Collection and a senior principal research scientist at CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Research (CMAR) in Hobart, Tasmania. He is an elasmobranch expert and has described many new species of shark.
Last is the co-author of Sharks and Rays of Australia and co-author of A revision of the Australian handfishes (Lophiiformes: Brachionichthyidae), with descriptions of three new genera and nine new species. In 2009, the Australian Society for Fish Biology awarded Last its highest honour, the K. Radway Allen Award.
- "Peter R. Last". Harvard University Press. Archived from the original on 29 July 2010.
- Ward, Robert D.; Holmes, Bronwyn H.; White, William T. & Last, Peter R. (2008). "DNA barcoding Australasian chondrichthyans: results and potential uses in conservation". Marine and Freshwater Research. 59 (1): 57–71. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.509.6954. doi:10.1071/MF07148.
- Last, Peter R. & Stevens, John D. (2009). Sharks and Rays of Australia. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Harvard University Press. ISBN 978-0-674-03411-2.
- Last, Peter R. & Gledhill, Daniel C. (2009). A revision of the Australian handfishes (Lophiiformes: Brachionichthyidae), with descriptions of three new genera and nine new species (PDF). (Zootaxa 2252). Auckland, New Zealand: Magnolia Press. ISBN 978-1-86977-425-7. Archived (PDF) from the original on 4 December 2010.
- "K. Radway Allen Award". Australian Society for Fish Biology official website. Accessed July 21, 2019.
|This article about an Australian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a zoologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|