|Born||Peter A. Ramsey
1962/1963 (age 53–54)
Crenshaw, Los Angeles, California
|Occupation||Film director, illustrator, storyboard artist|
|Notable work||Rise of the Guardians|
Peter A. Ramsey (born 1962/1963) is an American film director, illustrator and storyboard artist, whose directorial debut was Rise of the Guardians in 2012.
His first job in Hollywood was painting a mural, but soon he was working as a storyboard artist and production illustrator on 26 films including Predator 2, Backdraft, Independence Day, Fight Club and A.I. Artificial Intelligence. He was a second unit director for Poetic Justice, Higher Learning, Tank Girl and Godzilla. Aron Warner, the producer of Tank Girl, suggested he join DreamWorks Animation. After initially being uninterested, Ramsey joined DreamWorks Animation as a story artist for Shrek the Third and Shrek the Halls.
- Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space (2009)
- Rise of the Guardians (2012) (Golden Globe nomination for Best Animated Film)
- Untitled animated Spider-Man film (2018) (co-director)
Second unit director
- Tulich, Katherine (July 21, 2012). "'Rise of the Guardians' director a self-taught success". Glendale News-Press. Glendale, California. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- McDonald, Pamela Mays. "Another "First" in Artistic Achievement: Director Peter Ramsey". Black Voices. Huffington Post. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- Cavna, Michael (30 November 2012). "‘RISE OF THE GUARDIANS’: ‘The Obama of animation’? Director Peter Ramsey deflects the comparison — but not the responsibility". Washington Post. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- Grobar, Matt (January 18, 2017). "Sony’s Untitled ‘Spider-Man’ Animated Film To Feature Miles Morales As Lead Character". Deadline. Retrieved January 22, 2017.