Peter Rojas at CES 2007
|Born||March 18, 1975|
|Education||Harvard University, University of Sussex|
|Known for||Co-founder of Gizmodo, Engadget, RCRD LBL, gdgt|
Rojas attended Harvard University from 1993 to 1997 where he managed the school's radio station WHRB and dejayed on the Record Hospital program. After graduating magna cum laude with a B.A. in Social Studies, Rojas received an M.A. in English Literature from the University of Sussex in 1998.
Rojas worked at Red Herring magazine from June 1999 to May 2001, first as Associate Editor then as a writer. He was co-founder and Editorial Director of Gizmodo from July 2002 until March 2004, leaving to co-found Engadget. Two months later he also founded the video game blog Joystiq. Both were part of Weblogs Inc., a blog network that was purchased by AOL in 2005.
In July 2008 Rojas left Engadget to start the consumer electronics social networking site gdgt. The site premiered in 2009 and was co-founded with Ryan Block, Rojas' successor as Engadget editor-in-chief.
In February 2013 GDGT was purchased by AOL
- "Peter Rojas: CV". roj.as. Retrieved October 30, 2010.
- Peter Rojas at linkedin.com
- Lauria, Peter (June 11, 2007). "On The Download: Using Ads, New Online Label Offers Music Free". New York Post.
- Van Buskirk, Eliot (November 15, 2007). "Interview: Peter Rojas of RCRD LBL". Wired.com.
- Boutin, Paul (July 1, 2009). "GDGT: A Social Site for Gadget Maniacs". New York Times.
- Belmont, Veronica (July 30, 2007). "Congrats to Pete and Jill!". VeronicaBelmont.com.
- About Inhabitots: Jill Fehrenbacher – Founder, Editor-in-Chief
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Rojas.|