Peter Royston (bishop)
Born in London on 6 June 1830 and educated at St Paul’s and Trinity College, Cambridge, he was ordained in 1853 and began his career as a Resident Tutor at the Church Missionary College in London. After that he was the incumbent of the CMS Chapel, Madras and then of St Thomas’, Mauritius. He was Bishop of the country from 1872 to 1891 when he resigned through ill health. Afterwards, an Assistant Bishop within the Diocese of Liverpool he died on 28 January 1915 at Worthing.
- ”Who was Who 1897-1990” London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "Royston, Peter Sorensón (RSTN849PS)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- Church details
- The Times, Friday, Nov 22, 1872; pg. 5; Issue 27541; col B Ecclesiastical Intelligence New Bishop of Mauritius
- The Times, Tuesday, Feb 10, 1891; pg. 6; Issue 33244; col C Ecclesiastical Intelligence Bishop of Mauritius to resign
- National Church Institutions Database of Manuscripts and Archives
|Church of England titles|
Henry Constantine Huxtable
|Bishop of Mauritius
1872 – 1891