Peter Russell (author)
Peter Russell (b. May 7, 1946) is a British author, physicist, and meditation teacher focusing on consciousness and spirituality. He studied Theoretical Physics, Experimental Psychology, and Computer Science at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge. He has been both celebrated and criticized for his unification of science and spirituality. He is of the Non-dualism school of modern spirituality.
In 1982, he published The Global Brain. Furthering the "Gaia hypothesis," he points to the fragile regulating system that exists between all living and non-living things with the aim of showing people that recognizing the interconnectedness of all things, helps us to become more conscious of our daily actions and ultimately discover a more peaceful way to live with ourselves, each other and the planet.
In 1998, he published his bestseller Waking Up in Time: Finding Inner Peace in Times of Accelerating Change. In it, he describes a way to wake up to the mounting planetary crisis while deepening our connection to an inner tranquility.
- Russell, Peter. The Global Brain. Palo Alto: J.P. Tarcher, 1983. Print.
- Russell, Peter. Waking Up in Time: Finding Inner Peace in Times of Accelerating Change. Novato: Origin Press, Inc, 1992. Print.
- Russell, Peter. The TM Technique. New York: Routledge and Kegan Paul Inc., 1979. Print.
- Russell, Peter. The Brain Book, New York: Routledge and Kegan Paul Inc., 1979. Print.
- Russell, Peter and Evans, Roger. The Creative Manager. New York. Harper Collins Ltd. 1990. Print.
- Russell, Peter, Ervin Lazio and Stanislav Grof. The Consciousness Revolution. UK: Element Books, 1999.
- Russell, Peter. From Science to God. Novato: New World Library, 2002.