Peter Sanders (computer scientist)
Peter Sanders (born 1967) is a German computer scientist who works as a professor of computer science at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. His research concerns the design, analysis, and implementation of algorithms and data structures, and he is particularly known for his research on finding shortest paths in road networks.
Sanders earned his Ph.D. from Karlsruhe in 1996, and worked for seven years at the Max Planck Institute for Informatics in Saarbrücken (completing his habilitation there in 2000) before returning to Karlsruhe as a professor in 2004.
- Mehlhorn, Kurt; Sanders, Peter (2008). Algorithms and Data Structures: The Basic Toolbox. Springer. ISBN 978-3-540-77977-3. MR 2444537.
- Research papers
- Sanders, Peter; Egner, Sebastian; Tolhuizen, Ludo (2003), "Polynomial Time Algorithms for Network Information Flow", Proceedings of the Fifteenth Annual ACM Symposium on Parallel Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA '03), New York, NY, USA: ACM, pp. 286–294, doi:10.1145/777412.777464.
- Jaggi, S.; Sanders, P.; Chou, P. A.; Effros, M.; Egner, S.; Jain, K.; Tolhuizen, L. M.G.M. (2005), "Polynomial Time Algorithms for Multicast Network Code Construction", IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, 51 (6): 1973–1982, doi:10.1109/TIT.2005.847712.
- Kärkkäinen, Juha; Sanders, Peter; Burkhardt, Stefan (November 2006), "Linear Work Suffix Array Construction", Journal of the ACM, 53 (6): 918–936, doi:10.1145/1217856.1217858.
- Geisberger, Robert; Sanders, Peter; Schultes, Dominik; Delling, Daniel (2008), "Contraction Hierarchies: Faster and Simpler Hierarchical Routing in Road Networks", Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Experimental Algorithms (WEA'08), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 5038, Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, pp. 319–333, doi:10.1007/978-3-540-68552-4_24.
- Birthdate from German national library entry for Sanders, retrieved 2015-01-24.
- Faculty profile, retrieved 2015-01-24.
- Prof. Dr. Peter Sanders - Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz-Preisträger 2012, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (in German), retrieved 2015-01-24.
- Biography as a keynote speaker at Parallel 2014, retrieved 2015-01-24.
- Leibniz Prize 2012 for Peter Sanders!, Springer, 2012, retrieved 2015-01-24.
- Elrod, Hal C. (December 2011), "Review of Algorithms and Data Structures: The Basic Toolbox by Kurt Mehlhorn and Peter Sanders", SIGACT News, 42 (4): 26–29, doi:10.1145/2078162.2078168