Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Born||23 March 1965|
Willich in Germany
|Sport||Equestrian (horse racing)|
Schiergen is the holder of the European winner-riding record.
After Hein Bollow, Peter Schiergen is the second member in the German "Club 1000" twice. 1000 ridden winners and 1000 trained winners.
- Schiergen trained Boreal, winner of the 2001 Coronation Cup.
- Schiergen had three starters in the 136th running of the Deutsches (German) Derby.
- Schiergen won his third German Derby in 2008, on Kasmin.
- Schiergen has benn several times the German flat racing Champion Trainer
- He trained Danedream, winner of the 2011 Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe.
- Lee, Alan (8 June 2002), "Kazzia answers leading question". The Times (United Kingdom)
- Lysaght, Cornelius (15 February 2002), "Finding McCoy another herr to chase". The Times (United Kingdom)
- Tony Arrold (11 July 2005), "Nicaron shows heart in Derby win for veteran". The Australian
- "Kamsin's Derby" (14 July 2008), The Australian
- Danedream routs Arc rivals with easy success. racingpost.com, 2 October 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peter Schiergen.|
|This horse racing biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|